HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Computers & Internet » Macintosh Users (Group) » Anybody here have a favor...

Mon Dec 19, 2011, 08:36 AM

Anybody here have a favorite finance program for Mac?

I used Quicken for years, even though the Mac version was a POS. It doesn't run on Lion, so I thought this would be a good excuse to find something more Mac friendly.

Someone here mentioned iBank. I also have been looking at a (supposedly) highly rated app from SEE Finance.

Anybody use anything they absolutely love?

4 replies, 1046 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Anybody here have a favorite finance program for Mac? (Original post)
av8rdave Dec 2011 OP
SirRevolutionary Dec 2011 #1
NV Whino Dec 2011 #2
av8rdave Dec 2011 #3
guyton Dec 2011 #4

Response to av8rdave (Original post)

Mon Dec 19, 2011, 09:16 AM

1. I use QuickBooks 2011

It gets the job done, but I definitely have no love for finance programs. Intuit definitely made improvements for OS X and QB 2012 is optimized for Lion. It might be overkill for regular finances though, I use it for book keeping.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Dec 19, 2011, 09:39 AM

2. I switched to iBank

I like it and the iPod app. Download a 30 day trial.

Reply to this post

Response to NV Whino (Reply #2)

Mon Dec 19, 2011, 09:41 AM

3. The iPod/iPhone app is what intrigues me most about that one.

Then again, when I'm on the road, maybe I DON'T want to know what's left in the account or how my investments are.

Sometimes, ignorance IS bliss!

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 19, 2011, 01:00 PM

4. iBank here too

Though I'd be loath to call it a 'favorite' ... it's just that it barely did everything I needed ... which wasn't the case with the others that I'd tried. And iBank is painfully slow in "searching" with my many-year registers.

Most of the finance apps have a free trial download --- strongly suggest trying a few to see if they actually do what you want before investing in switching your accounts to a new system.

I really liked SEE Finance, but needed to be able to print checks to pre-printed check paper and it just didn't support that.

Also really wanted to use GNU Cash (since it's open source and has a lot of features), until I sat down and tried to use it at which point I instantly became horribly averse to it.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread