HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Computers & Internet » Macintosh Users (Group) » Adding This to my Christm...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 09:17 PM

Adding This to my Christmas List :)

Check out Hue!

Remember the LIFX, the wi-fi-enabled smart LED bulb? While its Kickstarter funding period ended two weeks ago (well past its $100,000 target with $1.3 mil in pledges), there's no word on when production will begin; on November 12th the LIFX team wrote that "It's not possible to make final until we perform detailed thermal modeling and standardized measurements of light output, color rendering index, white balance agility, etc."

In the meantime Philips has been stumping for their own wi-fi-enabled, color changing offering, the Hue bulb. Interestingly, one of their marketing points is that you can select the output color (using an iDevice) via a method that will be familiar to Photoshop eyedrop tool users. Check it out:

1 replies, 488 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Adding This to my Christmas List :) (Original post)
Agschmid Dec 2012 OP
ProdigalJunkMail Dec 2012 #1

Response to Agschmid (Original post)

Tue Dec 4, 2012, 07:14 AM

1. that is really fabulous...

the prices are a little steep...but if they last long enough then it would be well worth it to do this in the primary living spaces in a home or office!

thanks!

sP

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread