HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Computers & Internet » Computer Help and Support (Group) » This Tech needs some inpu...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:44 PM

This Tech needs some input/opinions from other Techs.

I've got a customer that wants to go "Touchscreen" with her new Windows 8. (I said I'll check it out)

Anyway, I've looked at several computer sites and seen that the prices are about the same as they were 2-3 years ago.
As you all well know the prices on regular screens have dropped like a rock. (Remember when a 22-23 inchers was 475.00 )

I know you can get some for fairly inexpensive prices... 13-17 inch...but she wants something like a 21-24 inch...which costs as much as a whole regular setup computer.

I'd like to tell her that the prices are "Just the way they are right now" but (again) as you well know, if I do I'll see
Tiger direct have a huge banner ad next month.. PRICES ON ALL TOUCHSCREENS LOWERED!!..NEW MODELS ARE IN !!)

Any ideas on this?
I'm asking because it seems like with the sales of Windows 8, there might be a drop in prices soon...or is it wishful thinking ???

Thanks much
Oh...I did find a 22' for 275 but all the reviews said it "Sucks the big one"

2 replies, 392 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply This Tech needs some input/opinions from other Techs. (Original post)
BlueJazz Jan 2013 OP
Warren Stupidity Jan 2013 #1
BlueJazz Jan 2013 #2

Response to BlueJazz (Original post)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 01:41 PM

1. Make very sure that the touchscreen is logod for win8.

Full win8 multi-touch requires passing msft WHQL tests and getting your device officially approved by msft. Without that you will have "limited touch capability". Only new hardware, and mostly only new tablets and laptops are going to be in this category.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Warren Stupidity (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 02:06 PM

2. Yes...that makes sense. I know a lot of the older screens have the sensors (capacitance ?)

...in only a few wide-spaced stops...which would be nearly useless in a Windows 8 environment.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread