HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Computers & Internet » Computer Help and Support (Group) » I have been trying to
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Oct 21, 2012, 03:13 PM

I have been trying to

upload a different avatar but I cannot get it to change. Any suggestions? Thank you.

3 replies, 649 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply I have been trying to (Original post)
littlemissmartypants Oct 2012 OP
Fumesucker Oct 2012 #1
NYC_SKP Oct 2012 #2
smithJames Nov 2012 #3

Response to littlemissmartypants (Original post)

Sun Oct 21, 2012, 03:25 PM

1. The new avatar has the same name as the old one so the computer doesn't download the new image..

The computer uses the old image from memory because it doesn't know the actual image has changed, the great majority of the time this saves on bandwidth where you are constantly downloading the same image (like an avatar).

Reboot your computer or flush your temporary internet files and it should show up properly.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Oct 21, 2012, 03:45 PM

2. Have you used the "upload your own" feature at the bottom of "My Profile" page?

Link:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=profile&uid=289553

You should be able to browse from your desktop or any folder where you have a picture saved to use, and:

Avatar images will be resized to 48x48 pixels. The maximum file size for avatar images is 10kb.

USAGE POLICY: We expect members who upload avatars to adhere to the community standards for this message board. Anyone who uses this feature as a means to disrupt the message board may risk losing their avatar upload privileges. If your avatar is judged to be disruptive, it will be deleted. The administrators have final authority over what is considered disruptive.

Use any picture you have or have saved, select the image, then hit "upload"

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 10:58 PM

3. Spam deleted by cyberswede (MIR Team)

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread