HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Government & Elections » Election Reform (Group) » MT voters disfavor Citize...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 08:24 AM

MT voters disfavor Citizens United.

Montana 100 years ago had a long tradition of corporations buying politicians. Montana , normally a Red State, yesterday voted that Corporations are NOT people. This should be a huge issue.. Bets are , the US Supreme Court , in this case; will not recognize the nature of the Federalist System and that Montana Corporations are still 'people.'.

.Ballot initiatives pass by wide margin
A strong majority of Montanans voted in favor of I-166, a hotly contested item establishing that corporations are not entitled to constitutional rights because they are not human beings. A major component of the initiative deals with campaign spending, but the intricacies of political speech reach into government throughout the election cycle. In upholding I-166, Montanans affirm that money is to be considered property, rather than a form of speech.
snip

http://www.montanakaimin.com/news/ballot-initiatives-pass-by-wide-margin-1.2946905#.UJpfvMXR7ko

3 replies, 645 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply MT voters disfavor Citizens United. (Original post)
cyclezealot Nov 2012 OP
xchrom Nov 2012 #1
eppur_se_muova Nov 2012 #2
cyclezealot Nov 2012 #3

Response to cyclezealot (Original post)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 08:27 AM

1. Du rec. Nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to cyclezealot (Original post)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 11:48 AM

2. Take that, SCOTUS ! nt

Reply to this post

Response to eppur_se_muova (Reply #2)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 02:04 PM

3. Scalia and Company

Think they are Gods.. The views of we mortals has no impact. Even if the views of these voting Montanans are mostly Republican.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread