HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Government & Elections » Campaigns (Group) » Letter to Newt Gingrich: ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jan 31, 2012, 08:06 AM

Letter to Newt Gingrich: Privatized Social Security is Not the Answer

Written by Dean Baker   
Thursday, 26 January 2012 12:20

The Honorable Newt Gingrich

3110 Maple Drive

Atlanta, GA 30305-2650

Dear Speaker Gingrich:

I have seen you refer to the privatized Social Security system in Chile several times as a model for the United States. I believe that you would not hold this view if you were more aware of the details of the Chilean system.

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/blogs/social-security-monitor/letter-to-newt-gingrich-privatized-social-security-is-not-the-answer?utm_source=CEPR+feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+cepr+%28CEPR%29

2 replies, 949 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Letter to Newt Gingrich: Privatized Social Security is Not the Answer (Original post)
Owlet Jan 2012 OP
JoePhilly Jan 2012 #1
Native-HBI Feb 2012 #2

Response to Owlet (Original post)

Tue Jan 31, 2012, 08:13 AM

1. SO Newt wants to keep us from becoming Eurpoe by turning us into Chile??

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Owlet (Original post)

Thu Feb 16, 2012, 08:42 PM

2. Maybe He Wants us to be "chili" (LOL)

I call these guys: 2 Dicks with a Newt in a Mitt! But, I forgot about Ron Paul! And with his son in the House now, he could sneak up from behind the 2 Dicks! Well, after Santorum said today that females in Combat would make the men protect them rather than do their job! What a flake! He's obviously never served, as a retiree and a female..it isn't that way at all! Maybe instead of making kids and going to college he should've served his Country!! Gingrich got a big bite of cash for filing to help the Federal Housing Corps (Freddie and Fannie); so the writing is on the wall...Chilean! Look what happened to USPS by privitizing. Of course it took 30 years, but it's happening!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread