HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Government & Elections » Campaigns (Group) » States Against Citizens U...

Mon May 21, 2012, 10:45 PM

States Against Citizens United.

The Supreme Court is being asked to reverse a state court's decision to uphold the Montana law. Virginia-based American Tradition Partnership is asking the nation's high court to rule without a hearing because the group says the state law conflicts directly with the Citizens United decision that removed the federal ban on corporate campaign spending.

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/11525-focus-states-unite-against-citizens-united

They "hope" the court will reverse itself. I'm not holding my breadth. Not with this court.

1 replies, 813 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply States Against Citizens United. (Original post)
Left Coast2020 May 2012 OP
Waiting For Everyman Jun 2012 #1

Response to Left Coast2020 (Original post)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 07:34 AM

1. "The states who filed the brief in support of Montana are..."

The states who filed the brief in support of Montana are New York, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia and the District of Columbia.

Good on those states! (Including mine, good to see.)

This is some pretty substantial pressure on the SCOTUS. It should be interesting to see what it decides about this.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread