HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » United Kingdom (Group) » Scotland Yard investigati...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 03:56 PM

Scotland Yard investigating allegations senior politicians abused children in the 1980s

Scotland Yard detectives are looking into allegations that senior politicians abused children in the 1980s and escaped justice because they were protected by their powerful connections.

During past weeks officers from the Metropolitan Police’s child abuse investigation team have interviewed several adults who claim that they were sexually assaulted as children by MPs in a paedophile ring.

The team was set up following claims by Labour MP Tom Watson in the House Commons that the police should look afresh at claims of a “powerful paedophile network linked to Parliament and No 10”.

Until today when the Metropolitan Police confirmed its existence, the inquiry, Operation Fairbank, had been operating in secret at the headquarters of the Child Abuse Investigation Team at Empress State Building in Earl’s Court, London.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/scotland-yard-investigating-allegations-senior-politicians-abused-children-in-the-1980s-and-used-connections-to-escape-justice-8411989.html

Not, of course, the allegations about the North Wales children's homes.

2 replies, 681 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Scotland Yard investigating allegations senior politicians abused children in the 1980s (Original post)
muriel_volestrangler Dec 2012 OP
Ken Burch Dec 2012 #1
dipsydoodle Dec 2012 #2

Response to muriel_volestrangler (Original post)

Tue Dec 18, 2012, 06:19 AM

1. Does this relate in any way to Ken Livingstone's allegations about that boys' home in N.Ireland? n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to muriel_volestrangler (Original post)

Tue Dec 18, 2012, 07:13 AM

2. I have alluded in the past

to the early 1980's rent boy investigation in the Piccadilly area in relation to this. It was not at that time considered to be in the public interest for names to be released. I've no doubt the files are lurking somewhere on the subject. I maintain my belief there is an association here. As a reminder the age of consent for homosexual acts was not lowered to 16 until 2000 having been previously lowered from 21 , which was set in 1967 , to 18 back in 1994. Child here is referred to as being under 18 which means those below that age were children early 1980's.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread