HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » United Kingdom (Group) » No plans to cut abortion ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 08:42 AM

No plans to cut abortion time limit, says Cameron

David Cameron has insisted the government has no plans to change the law to cut the time limit on abortions from 24 weeks to 12.

But he did say he would support calls for a smaller decrease in the abortion limit should the issue come up for a vote in parliament.

His comments came after the newly promoted health secretary, Jeremy Hunt, said he was in favour of cutting the current time limit for women to have abortions in half.

He claims that evidence suggests 12 weeks in the appropriate time restriction but insisted his beliefs were not based on his religious values.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/oct/06/abortion-time-limit-not-cut-cameron

3 replies, 933 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply No plans to cut abortion time limit, says Cameron (Original post)
dipsydoodle Oct 2012 OP
LeftishBrit Oct 2012 #1
Jeneral2885 Oct 2012 #2
dipsydoodle Oct 2012 #3

Response to dipsydoodle (Original post)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 11:28 AM

1. I always wanted to know what Lansley's brain would be like if one added nut flavour to the recipe

Well, no, I didn't actually; but I've found out anyway.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dipsydoodle (Original post)

Thu Oct 11, 2012, 04:47 AM

2. Abortion debate

Is the UK starting to think about abortions like the US?!

Reply to this post

Response to Jeneral2885 (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 11, 2012, 05:26 AM

3. No.

They've never been a particular issue here. First one is free on the NHS and thereafter free only if sound medical reasons to terminate a pregancy. In saying that I'm assuming nothing has changed form the '70s when my wife had two - one NHS and one privately. Private one need Doctor's note and wasn't expensive anyway - buttons in fact.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread