HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » United Kingdom (Group) » Further British success a...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 11:41 AM

Further British success as 6 year-old girl achieves musical chairs triumph at Spanish resort.

Following on from Team GBs first Olympic gold in a sport that no-one normally cares about, 6 year-old Chloe Roberts from Woking has emerged victorious from a closely fought game of musical chairs in Majorca.

Roberts, who is enjoying a two-week break in the resort of Cala Dor, saw off competition from the much fancied German and Dutch participants to claim top prize in front of a crowd of mildly intoxicated grown-ups.

The odds of a British triumph in the contest looked slim after the shock early exit of two of Britains leading contenders, 5 year-old Jake Hudson and 7 year-old Emily Staunton.

Hudson, who had claimed in the build up that he was definitely going to win, was distraught after his elimination, but his parents managed to soften the blow with a strawberry Chupa Chup and a glass of Fanta.

Read more: http://newsthump.com/2012/08/01/further-british-success-as-6-year-old-girl-achieves-musical-chairs-triumph-at-spanish-resort/#ixzz22JFy68FR

8 replies, 1382 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Further British success as 6 year-old girl achieves musical chairs triumph at Spanish resort. (Original post)
dipsydoodle Aug 2012 OP
non sociopath skin Aug 2012 #1
dipsydoodle Aug 2012 #2
fedsron2us Aug 2012 #3
dipsydoodle Aug 2012 #4
non sociopath skin Aug 2012 #5
dipsydoodle Aug 2012 #6
muriel_volestrangler Aug 2012 #7
dipsydoodle Aug 2012 #8

Response to dipsydoodle (Original post)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:21 PM

1. I undrstand that the American team have asked for a doping check on Chloe ...

... which may mean that she has to withdraw from tomorrow's Pass-the-Parcel freestyle.

Iniquitous, I calls it.

The Skin

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to non sociopath skin (Reply #1)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:44 PM

2. I thought it was

the Egg and Spoon race tomorrow.

Reply to this post

Response to dipsydoodle (Reply #2)

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 04:36 PM

3. Modern pentathalon

Event 1 - Musical Chairs
Event 2 - Egg and Spoon
Event 3 - Sack Race
Event 4 - Three Legged Race
Event 5 - Find Your Shoes Race (1)

(1) All participants divest themselves of their shoes which are then gathered together in a sack 50 yards from the start. Participants must race to the container, find their own shoes, put them on and then race back to the finish line. Those wearing the wrong shoes are not only disqualified but also get verrucas.

A lot easier to understand than some of the events in the Olympics and a lot more fun to watch.

Reply to this post

Response to fedsron2us (Reply #3)

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 06:14 PM

4. lol

I wonder what would be happening these days if they hadn't dropped the Art section in 1948.

Reply to this post

Response to dipsydoodle (Reply #4)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 05:05 AM

5. The possibilities are endless ....

.... though I'd have envisaged a Team GB Grand Slam ....

Gold - Damien Hirst for his "Buoyancy" (a pickled swimmer floating in a tank)

Silver - Tracey Emin for "My Sporting Life" (A reconstruction of the school sandpit in which she shagged the sixth form Victor Ludorum circa 1980)

Bronze - David Hockney for "Clouds" (Painting of the Kazakhstan Weight-Lifting Team sharing a crafty Woodbine behind the Velodrome bike-sheds)

Truly a missed opportunity ...

The Skin

Reply to this post

Response to non sociopath skin (Reply #5)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 05:39 AM

6. I only knew about

from that BBC film Bertie and Dickie. A guy who was 75 years old will doubtless remain the oldest ever to win an Olympic medal when he got a bronze medal for etching. The venue used was the V & A.

Reply to this post

Response to muriel_volestrangler (Reply #7)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 05:57 AM

8. Amazing

Shame he's out of medal contention - would've have been nice for him to get at least a bronze.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread