HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » Canada (Group) » Off With His Head

Thu Feb 2, 2012, 08:47 PM

Off With His Head

It's my nickle!

Immigration ministry blames bureaucrat for Sun News citizenship ceremony slip-up

OTTAWA—Flags, fakes and in the end, finger-pointing.

That sums up a phony citizenship ceremony staged for Sun News Network last October that featured immigration department officials posing as new Canadians at an event organized at the behest of Immigration Minister Jason Kenney’s office.

Red-faced immigration officials were blaming a Toronto bureaucrat for the debacle but opposition politicians insist Kenney’s staff must have been in on the ruse to “placate” the network.

“They make six bureaucrats actually pose as fake new citizens . . . That is in my opinion an appalling and unacceptable use of our civil service,” NDP MP Don Davies said Thursday.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1125280--bureaucrat-in-jason-kenney-s-ministry-blamed-for-citizenship-ceremony-slip-up?bn=1

Off with the head!

2 replies, 890 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Off With His Head (Original post)
CHIMO Feb 2012 OP
Joe Shlabotnik Feb 2012 #1
tuvor Feb 2012 #2

Response to CHIMO (Original post)

Thu Feb 2, 2012, 09:21 PM

1. Ha! the collusion between the Sun Media (Fox north) and the Conservatives is mindbending! n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to CHIMO (Original post)

Fri Feb 3, 2012, 05:25 PM

2. Is it propaganda yet? n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread