HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » Canada (Group) » L.A. cocaine bust threate...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 09:53 AM

L.A. cocaine bust threatens Canada-U.S. police relations

Last edited Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:17 AM - Edit history (1)

Quebec police want $2.5M seized in probe, but U.S. DEA refuses

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/02/11/canada-us-police-relations.html

This to me is the most ironic and disturbing about just how far the security apparatus in this country will go. Now, I know first hand what lying, deceitful self serving pieces of you know what the covert apparatus is in Canada, but, can you imagine lying and operating covertly without permission in a foreign country and our biggest trading partner?

Here is what is confusing to me and outright indefensible. The Canadian police deny that this undercover operation was going on, yet, they contact the U.S police and demand $2.5 Million due to an ongoing criminal investigation....huh?!?

Forget, in an interview with CBC News, said the Canadian detained in L.A. wasn’t working for his police force.

"At no point did the Sûreté du Québec go into the U.S. to carry on their investigation. At no point did they have an agent, or whoever, to carry on the investigation on their behalf," Forget said.

Eric Slinn, the RCMP’s acting director general for drugs and organized crime, told CBC News the 27-year-old Canadian “was not an RCMP agent.”

Slinn refused to say whether the man had worked for the RCMP in the past.

If I was a betting man, I would would be willing to lay down money that this was an RCMP operation.

0 replies, 814 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread