HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » Canada (Group) » Neocon government in Cana...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Sep 7, 2012, 11:04 PM

Neocon government in Canada closes Canadian Embassy in Iran (CBC) and severs

all diplomatic ties with Iran. Foreign Affaires Minister John Baird gave a number of reasons including saying they worry about the safety of canadians in Iran. Says Canada has received no information from Israel or the USA on any upcoming military strike against Iran.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-severs-diplomatic-ties-with-iran-citing-safety-concerns-1.946127

Very strange. And I don't trust our government to not be pandering. They've been trying to build movements within Canada, that help their brand, for years. Perhaps this is to polish their foreign policy bonifides. I don't like Iran or what they are doing to Israel, Syria and the middle east but I don't like this.

1 replies, 688 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Neocon government in Canada closes Canadian Embassy in Iran (CBC) and severs (Original post)
applegrove Sep 2012 OP
Joe Shlabotnik Sep 2012 #1

Response to applegrove (Original post)

Sat Sep 8, 2012, 12:52 AM

1. I don't know what they're trying to accomplish.

The thing is, is that as far as Iran and the rest of the world is concerned; this is trivial: its going to change absolutely nothing, but make us Canadians look like stooges. What a self inflicted slap in the face to Lester Pearson's legacy. I'm so embarrassed.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread