HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » Canada (Group) » Seems people in Quebec li...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Aug 31, 2012, 11:05 PM

Seems people in Quebec like the parti quebecois but support the idea

of sovereignty less during this campaign. Good news from CTV News. I feel like they'll stay in Canada even if the Parti Quebecois wins. I would so volunteer for the Liberals if I lived in Quebec. I just can't imagine Canada without Quebec.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/wearily-quebec-and-canada-could-soon-drag-themselves-back-into-the-ring-but-do-we-care/article4513853/?cmpid=rss1&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

1 replies, 914 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Seems people in Quebec like the parti quebecois but support the idea (Original post)
applegrove Aug 2012 OP
Ken Burch Sep 2012 #1

Response to applegrove (Original post)

Tue Sep 4, 2012, 11:10 PM

1. Trust me...you do NOT want to volunteer for the Quebec Liberals.

They were led(until tonight, when his constituents kindly removed him from office)by Jean Charest, a former federal leader of the old Progressive Conservative party(a party that was absorbed into the right-wing party that governs Canada today under homophobic militarist oil company toady Stephen Harper). Charest was also a powerful figure in the 1980's Conservative government that betrayed Canada's workers by forcing the North American Free Trade Agreement through parliament.

As premier, Charest made severe cuts in Quebec's social programs, passed huge increases in college tuition(an act that provoked the creation of a massive student resistance movement), worked to weaken unions, and pushed for a "Plan Nord" northern Quebec development strategy that would severely damage the environment of northern Quebec.

There's nobody and nothing in today's Quebec Liberal party that has anything in common with the values of Pierre Trudeau or the 1960's "Quiet Revolution" led by the Quebec Liberal government of that era. They are nothing now but arrogant corporate scum.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread