Tue Nov 20, 2012, 04:46 PM
Scuba (37,161 posts)
MEMO TO REPORTERS: John Doe Corruption Probe: Scott Walker Role Established, New Questions Raised
Memo released today by the Democratic Party of Wisconsin
MEMO TO REPORTERS: John Doe Corruption Probe: Scott Walker Role Established, But New Questions Raised
To: Interested Reporters
Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2012
From: Melissa Baldauff, WisDems Research Director
Re: MEMO TO REPORTERS: John Doe Corruption Probe: Scott Walker Role Established, But
New Questions Raised
On Monday at a sentencing hearing for one of Scott Walker's top aides, there were new
bombshell revelations about Walker’s conduct and about a criminal culture in Milwaukee County
-- and beyond -- over which he presided. Emails to and from Scott Walker himself, introduced
into the court record, remove any doubt about whether he was involved in the commission of
crimes as well as whether his Milwaukee County office was merely an illegal adjunct of his 2010
campaign for governor.
To date, the John Doe investigation into Walker’s current and former administrations has netted
four convictions of top Walker associates, with Kelly Rindfleisch yesterday sentenced to jail time
for her felonious role in running the Milwaukee County Executive’s office as an adjunct of the
Scott Walker’s campaign has now acknowledged his role in approving, authorizing and even
directing this illegal coordination as a “routine” part of day-to-day activity. This
acknowledgement, along with the new evidence introduced by prosecutors, fills in part of the
picture when it comes to Scott Walker and the John Doe criminal corruption probe.
But the revelations create as many questions as they answer:
Fourteen Questions For Scott Walker
1. Scott Walker has acknowledged that his campaign and his Milwaukee County office
“routinely” coordinated on both matters of public (taxpayer) policy and campaign strategy, and
stated that this coordination was neither unusual nor improper. Does, or did, Walker’s campaign
similarly coordinate with the governor’s office?
2. The extent to which the secret computer network installed in the Milwaukee County
Executive’s office was used to conduct illegal campaign activity for Scott Walker’s benefit has
been revealed as larger than perhaps originally thought. Does Scott Walker himself appear as a
sender or recipient of any messages exchanged on this network, and has this practice been
repeated into his current administration?
3. Is Scott Walker in possession of digital and/or hard copies of any of these messages?
4. Has Scott Walker been informed by state and/or federal prosecutors that he definitively is
NOT a target of this investigation, and/or that he will NOT be charged with criminal misconduct
related to this investigation?
5. Why did Scott Walker think it was appropriate and/or lawful for his campaign to direct
Milwaukee County policy, as it was revealed in the Kelly Rindfleisch sentencing?
6. Why did Scott Walker think it was appropriate and/or lawful to compel County employees to
misuse taxpayer resources to participate in campaign activity on his behalf?
7. Did Scott Walker direct any County employees to suppress, hide or destroy evidence
related to the O’Donnell Park tragedy, as apparently suggested by his campaign manager, Keith
8. Did Scott Walker believe it was appropriate and/or lawful for him to personally review,
approve and authorize County press releases drafted by his campaign?
9. Did Scott Walker believe it was appropriate and/or lawful for him to personally review,
approve and authorize campaign material drafted by his County staff?
10. Does Scott Walker believe the Milwaukee County taxpayers should be reimbursed for the
hundreds of thousands of dollars in County resources that were illegally used to advance the
11. Has Scott Walker directed any more funds into his criminal defense fund?
12. In light of new revelations that implicate Scott Walker as a knowing and willing party to the
illegal campaign activity carried out on his behalf, will Scott Walker agree to disclose the
identities of his criminal defense fund donors in advance of the statutorily required deadline for
13. Did Scott Walker personally approve payments to John Doe figures facing prosecution from
his campaign and/or from entities associated with the Republican Party of Wisconsin?
14. As was evidenced in Milwaukee County, is Scott Walker or his administration causing the
subversion of Open Records laws for his political gain?
Note: four paragraph rule does not apply.
3 replies, 1256 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
MEMO TO REPORTERS: John Doe Corruption Probe: Scott Walker Role Established, New Questions Raised (Original post)
Response to Scuba (Original post)
Thu Nov 22, 2012, 09:23 PM
sybylla (7,355 posts)
3. I expect the conservative papers in this state will continue to ignore this.
Why should they start to care now when they've known all along the ties were there?