HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Wisconsin (Group) » WalkerGate Update: The n...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:24 AM

WalkerGate Update: The net tightens

Several significant events coming up in the next couple of weeks could prove very interesting.

Kelly Rindfleisch will be sentenced November 19th.

Darlen Wink will be sentenced as early as November 21st.

Tim Russell's hearing is December 3rd.

Kevin Kavanaugh's sentencing date is December 7.

All are Walker cronies facing corruption and electioneering charges. The in-depth coverage by Cognitive Dissidence examines the plea bargains, defense funding and misguided loyalties. Not to be overlooked is the role of RNC Chair Rinse Penis in this whole affair.

http://cognidissidence.blogspot.com/2012/11/walkergate-rindfleischs-legal-defense.html

Russell, who is going to trial on December 3rd, now knows that Walker was bankrolling Rindfleisch's legal defense fund while leaving Russell to hang out to dry to the point that Russell is now relying on a publicly funded attorney to represent him.

Will this ultimate betrayal from his very special friend be enough to change Russell's mind and get him to take a plea bargain to sell out Walker and others? Or is Russell's adoration and loyalty and love so strong that he will fall on his secret router for Walker? This smart decision is even clearer knowing that Russell could still be facing more charges down the road for things like illegal campaigning.

And even if Russell decides to fall on his secret router and stay as silent as Rindfleisch, will it really matter? Remember that the DA has all of the computers, Blackberry phones and files that they took in that raid on November 1, 2010. And they have the scads of papers which was found in the Mystery Dumpster O'Fun.

I have stated several times that I have been told that the DA is waiting to resolve the first round of prosecutions before going on to the next phase. As it stands now, they have to do the sentencing for Kevin Kavanaugh, Darlene Wink and Rindfleisch. They also have to do the trials for Russell and Brian Pierick.

7 replies, 1591 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Scuba (Original post)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:45 AM

1. How about a three sentence summary of what Walkergate entails?

Just for us who are somewhat out of the loop.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to rgbecker (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:59 AM

2. That would be a significant challenge, so deep and dirty ...

but gist of it is (but not limited to) campaigning on the taxpayers dime: Walker's aides were campaigning while he was Milwaukee County Exec and they were on the County's payroll. This included a secret network router for keeping the dirt off the County's email system. Rinse Penis was in the loop.

There are also unsavory behaviors such as stealing a charitable fund intended for widows and orphans of service men and women, and soliciting minors for sex. Yep, really, no bottom for these guys.

Reply to this post

Response to Scuba (Reply #2)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 09:05 AM

3. Thanks for that. I'll be watching more closely. n/t

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 10:13 AM

4. don't forget Wanker's bid rigging debacle...

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/corruption-investigation-looks-into-bids-to-house-county-workers-0s3t07c-138020933.html

some text from the article:
In December, the real estate broker for Boerke Co. who spearheaded the Reuss effort in 2005 and 2010 was arrested and jailed overnight on allegations of failing to cooperate with the ongoing John Doe investigation. The broker, Andrew P. Jensen Jr., faces an order to talk to prosecutors Wednesday.

John Hiller, one of Walker's highest-ranking campaign aides, said he worked on behalf of the building's owners on the 2005 deal. An official told the newspaper that he also had a role in the 2010 effort.

In 2005, Schlitz Park - which had housed the offices for 20 years - won an initial bid for the offices. But records show a rushed, last-minute rebid resulted in the Reuss group getting the $3 million deal.

The late bidding prompted protests from developer Gary Grunau, who argued the bids were miscalculated and his was the lowest by $500,000. Ultimately, Grunau dropped the matter.

"We got steamrolled," Grunau said this month. "It was just handled in such an unconventional way."

In late summer 2010, the county ultimately rejected all private office space options as too expensive and the department's offices moved into vacant space in a county-owned building, a cost-saving move some supervisors had recommended five years earlier.

Around that time, the district attorney's office, which launched the Doe investigation in May 2010, received a tip about possible insider dealing in the lease-space competition. An email obtained by the Journal Sentinel showed the Walker administration tipped off some brokers about strategy months before any bids were formally sought.

None of the players in the deals has been accused of wrongdoing, and Walker has defended the county's actions. Jensen's attorney, Patrick Schott, has said Jensen was arrested because he did not tell prosecutors what they wanted to hear.

Reply to this post

Response to hue (Reply #4)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 11:51 AM

5. Thanks. Yes, another serious crime.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 02:40 PM

6. walker the worm

scott walker is a useless worm !!!! i hope they arrest him soon !!

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 05:11 PM

7. I'm sorry, I can't help but believe that the little fish will fry but Wanker will get off scott free

Boy, I hope I'm wrong. I can't stand that slimy worm.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread