HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Wisconsin (Group) » Looking for thoughts on f...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:22 PM

Looking for thoughts on future of ETF (WI retirement system)

Likely of interest only to State employees!

As one of thousands of state employees wondering what changes the Republicans will make to the etf and our benefits, I would like to know what others think. I'm vested in the system and am concerned that we will be hit with changes that limit options such as taking benefits early, etc.

I know the report from last summer advised not making changes to the etf, but I have no doubt that making changes to the etf is near the top of the Republicans' to do list. There is just too much money sitting there for them not to loot it...

When I see what school districts have done to teachers' retirement benefits, I am concerned that we will get hit with the same surprises with the etf, and soon. I feel like getting out in the next few months and being done with it.

Any thoughts on what they might do to the system? I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering...

2 replies, 915 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Looking for thoughts on future of ETF (WI retirement system) (Original post)
lutefisk Nov 2012 OP
Scuba Nov 2012 #1
charmay Nov 2012 #2

Response to lutefisk (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:26 PM

1. Scooter, Fitzgerald, Vos and the other thieves are plotting how to steal it as we speak ....

... It's a top-rated investment, serving State employees very well.

The best thing we could do is make it available as an investment option for all State residents. Sadly, I fully expect Wanker and gang to loot it, kill it or otherwise destroy it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to lutefisk (Original post)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 05:29 PM

2. Whatever they do, there will be lawsuits.

Wanker has to run in two years. Does he want more lawsuits?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread