HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Wisconsin (Group) » Walkergate: Looking Up So...

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 08:28 AM

Walkergate: Looking Up Some Old Friends

http://networkedblogs.com/AtqoB

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Here's a couple of things to keep the appetite for all things Walkergate whetted:

Well, Hello Kelly, Part II

Remember how Kelly Rindfleisch and her attorney, Frank Gimbel, kept trying to argue that she had universal immunity which protected her through all time and space? As I had predicted, they were denied.

Undaunted, they tried again, this time using the Kastiger maneuver. (Kastiger is Universal Immunity in legalese, or something like that.)

The Honorable David Hansher said that he'd have his decision last Friday. He was a few days late with it, but that's OK.

The ruling was still MOTION DENIED.

Is Russell A Marked Man?

On Monday, we learned the identity of Tim Russell's fifth attorney. He's a young lawyer named Parker Mathers.

However, we knew precious little about him other than he graduated from Marquette University in 2010.

Then a savvy reader picked up on his name being affiliated with some events on Barack Obama's event page.

Tuesday afternoon, Dan Bice confirmed that Mathers had been a former field operative for the Democratic Party of Wisconsin. From what I have learned on my own, he was involved in GOTV kind of work...

4 replies, 989 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Walkergate: Looking Up Some Old Friends (Original post)
hue Aug 2012 OP
Scuba Aug 2012 #1
mysuzuki2 Aug 2012 #2
hue Aug 2012 #3
mojowork_n Aug 2012 #4

Response to hue (Original post)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 08:49 AM

1. Very interesting regarding Mathers. Has little Timmy changed sides?

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hue (Original post)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 11:51 AM

2. We have heard nothing about Scottys role in all this lately.

Several months ago I read that a public official could not be indicted within 2 months of a recall election. Does this apply After the election as well as before? If so, will there be a big announcement in a few days?

Reply to this post

Response to mysuzuki2 (Reply #2)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 01:49 PM

3. I don't think anyone but the investigatve teams ( DOJ & FBI) know exactly when.

The DOJ investigation has been going on for about 2.5 yrs now. I don't think these groups would continue for so long and spend so much time, energy and money if they weren't committed to indictment.
From what I know I'd say it will happen in Sept. but my wish is that Walker will be indicted the last week in Aug. so there will be a huge reason to party on Labor Day!!

Reply to this post

Response to hue (Reply #3)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 01:55 PM

4. When he came to Milwaukee to speak a couple of Sunday's ago,

John Nichols sort of off-handedly mentioned that he thought the indictment would come in September.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread