HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Wisconsin (Group) » Wisconsin: Gov. Scott Wal...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jun 28, 2012, 10:09 PM

Wisconsin: Gov. Scott Walker Refuses to implement healthcare law

Not missing a beat, corporate tool Gov. Scott Walker said shortly after the Supreme Court ruled that the ACA was Constitutional:

would have preferred the court strike down the law, but holding out hope that a new president and Republican-controlled Congress will overturn it next year. In the meantime the state will not proceed with setting up a health care exchange as is required.
What an arrogant fool. I had hoped that post recall he would have changed from the extreme partisian hack that he is to someone less offensive. That is the Wisconsin in me, always hoping for the best in people. Not only did he say he will not implement the law in Wisconsin he also stated:
he law will be a massive tax increase on the people of Wisconsin and America...he decision creates uncertainty for Wisconsin businesses and that's bad for job growth. He then went on to say, "businesses will be bullish about adding jobs since he won the recall election."http://labor.dailykos.com/

9 replies, 1919 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Wisconsin: Gov. Scott Walker Refuses to implement healthcare law (Original post)
midnight Jun 2012 OP
ladym55 Jun 2012 #1
global1 Jun 2012 #2
SWTORFanatic Jun 2012 #5
Blue Owl Jun 2012 #3
midnight Jun 2012 #4
HelenWheels Jun 2012 #6
dragonlady Jun 2012 #7
midnight Jun 2012 #8
Homer12 Jul 2012 #9

Response to midnight (Original post)

Thu Jun 28, 2012, 10:13 PM

1. The man is an idiot

I hope some of the folks who didn't like the recall are happy with his stupid when they need health care.

And I understand that the job figures are out. Wisconsin is 50 of 50 in job growth. Gov. Scott lied about THOSE numbers during his campaign, too.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jun 28, 2012, 10:24 PM

2. I Thought There Was Some Investigation Going On An That He Was Going To Be....

indicted.

Reply to this post

Response to global1 (Reply #2)

Fri Jun 29, 2012, 12:51 AM

5. Soon

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 28, 2012, 10:26 PM

3. The TV said he was a winner

Meanwhile all evidence indicates the contrary.

Reply to this post

Response to Blue Owl (Reply #3)

Thu Jun 28, 2012, 11:13 PM

4. Right? It's all final before the voters are finished voting in a

dead heat contest.... but this knucklehead and others Teabirchers like him have been given the power to block people from getting health care...

Reply to this post

Fri Jun 29, 2012, 10:54 AM

6. Not good to piss off the Supreme Court. nt

Reply to this post

Fri Jun 29, 2012, 11:20 AM

7. It's not totally up to him

I believe the ACA provides that a state will have an exchange plan imposed on it by the federal government if it fails to produce a plan by the deadline (next January, so he obviously won't meet that).

Note that he had already received the memo and used the talking point about this being a tax increase. So interesting that they all jumped on that false meme immediately.

(An aside: when I type this it comes out in italic but the preview is not italic. What's up with that?)

Reply to this post

Response to dragonlady (Reply #7)

Fri Jun 29, 2012, 04:36 PM

8. I think his reference to not even implementing this law was because by the deadline, he knows the

winner for President already... He knows Romney is going to be the President and will have this law dismissed... However illegal it is, he seems ok with it...

(An aside: When I hit spell check earlier only the word I spell checked took over the whole screen...Something is up?)

Reply to this post

Response to dragonlady (Reply #7)

Mon Jul 2, 2012, 06:53 PM

9. 100% correct

I would rather have the federal gov. exchange over a Walker plan.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread