HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Wisconsin (Group) » Walker’s “Beer and Brat S...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jun 12, 2012, 05:24 PM

Walker’s “Beer and Brat Summit” – just a state-sanctioned campaign event for Wisconsin Grocers

http://bdgrdemocracy.wordpress.com/2012/06/12/walkers-beer-and-brat-summit-just-a-state-sanctioned-campaign-event-for-wisconsin-grocers/

When Scott Walker released the details of his so-called “Beer and Brat Summit” on Monday, the list of participating vendors looked more like a who’s who of GOP campaign contributors than local food producers. There are significant donors receiving a very high visibility thank you from Scott Walker today – raising questions as to whether this is just a covert campaign event in a contentious election year.

Brats supplied by Trig’s – Trig’s is a Northern Wisconsin grocer whose family ownership has contributed over $12,000 to the Walker campaign, $108,000 to GOP campaigns. The family and business are active members of the Wisconsin Grocer’s Association (WGA).

Sprecher Root Beer and Beers (with the special commemorative label) – Sprecher has been very supportive of GOP activity and events in the Milwaukee area, and has become more involved with the emerging prominence of Americans for Prosperity.

Johnsonville Brats - Owners from the Stayer family have given over $25,000 to the Walker Campaign, and over $164,000 to primarily GOP campaigns.

Titletown Brewing Co. - Owner and President Brent Weycker ran as a Republican for the 90th Assembly District in 2000 and lost. Weycker is a consistent GOP supporter in the Fox Valley.

Read more:

8 replies, 1828 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Walker’s “Beer and Brat Summit” – just a state-sanctioned campaign event for Wisconsin Grocers (Original post)
hue Jun 2012 OP
Rambis Jun 2012 #1
Scuba Jun 2012 #5
lutefisk Jun 2012 #2
Lifelong Protester Jun 2012 #3
Scuba Jun 2012 #4
dr5645kr Jun 2012 #6
AleksS Jun 2012 #7
alterfurz Jun 2012 #8

Response to hue (Original post)

Tue Jun 12, 2012, 05:25 PM

1. That is the last johnsonville brat I ever eat

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Rambis (Reply #1)

Tue Jun 12, 2012, 06:17 PM

5. I dropped Johnsonville a year or so ago when I heard about them backing Walker. Sprecher's will...

.. be missed - it's good root beer - but there are plenty of others.

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 12, 2012, 05:47 PM

2. Trig’s is dead to me.

Screw'm.

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 12, 2012, 05:53 PM

3. the root beer is the only one I might

Have had before this. Not now

Also boycotting Sargento Cheese, Kwik Trip, any Koch-related paper products.
Since I'm a vegetarian the Johnsonville is already off my list.

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 12, 2012, 06:15 PM

4. "Scott, during the run up to the recall, your supporters engaged in some deplorable behavior....

... Now I know that you're not responsible for what others do, even if it is in your name, but many of us were dismayed that you neither condemned such behavior not told your followers to knock it off. By not speaking up, you condoned, even encouraged, such behavior.

Scott, in light of your failure to speak out against these actions, how do you expect our side to act in a bipartisan manner?"

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 13, 2012, 03:27 AM

6. Spam deleted by cyberswede (MIR Team)

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 13, 2012, 07:57 PM

7. the Sprecher connection makes me sad, but

The Sprecher connection makes me sad. Apparently they're too big to be affected by the micro-brew bashing GOP laws passed this last session. I wonder if that's why Sprecher's supportive of Walker--helping shut down the competition.

Either way, that's the end of them in my house, and those of the folks I know.

Time to write a letter and make sure Sprecher knows it too.

Reply to this post

Fri Jun 15, 2012, 10:57 AM

8. just Scottie serving up the usual Kool-Aid & baloney...

...while he chugs down his choice private stock:

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread