HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Wisconsin (Group) » Wisconsin turnout through...

Tue Jun 5, 2012, 03:11 PM

Wisconsin turnout through the roof

Voters and public officials are reporting long lines at many Wisconsin polling places Tuesday with Dane County Clerk Karen Peters calling the local turnout "just wild" so far.

"It ranges from 28 to 42 percent already; it is a huge turnout. We could hit 80 to 88 percent," Peters said of Dane County's turnout. At midday, she was fielding calls wrapping up a status report from local clerks.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/05/1097559/-Wisconsin-turnout-through-the-roof?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+dailykos/index+%28Daily+Kos%29

1 replies, 959 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Wisconsin turnout through the roof (Original post)
savalez Jun 2012 OP
TBF Jun 2012 #1

Response to savalez (Original post)

Tue Jun 5, 2012, 04:44 PM

1. I expect this is true -

I am a former Wisconsin resident (grew up there - moved away after college) ... several relatives/friends posting on Facebook about voting today. Some don't care for politics at all and they are voting for the first time. I'm glad it's a good turn-out but I fear the churches have riled up people. Really hope they go for Barrett but I'm from a small town so I'm not feeling as confident as I'd like.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread