HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Washington (Group) » Police report says break-...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 02:22 PM

Police report says break-in at Democratic Party HQ suspicious

SEATTLE (AP) - A preliminary police report suggests an Election Day burglary at the headquarters of the state Democratic Party might be something other than a routine break-in.

The majority of items taken belonged to important campaign workers and the burglar attempted to make it look like a random crime, the report states.

Police are still investigating and won't speculate on why the office was targeted.

"Unless we know who the suspects are, it's kind of hard to figure out a motive," spokesman Mark Jamieson said Thursday.

Workers arriving about 5:30 a.m. Nov. 6 found the front door smashed. Police secured the building and found offices ransacked. In addition to the Democratic Party, the building held offices for Jay Inslee's campaign for governor and Organizing for America, the campaign to re-elect President Barack Obama.

A window had been broken to get into a director's office and confidential files were rifled through and moved. Other offices that were hit included the media coordinator and fundraising section. A trash can was dumped and used to haul away the stolen property.

More at Link:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Break-in-at-Democratic-Party-headquarters-in-Seattle-suspicious-179514771.html

5 replies, 1208 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Police report says break-in at Democratic Party HQ suspicious (Original post)
liberalmuse Nov 2012 OP
rzemanfl Nov 2012 #1
liberalmuse Nov 2012 #2
Warpy Nov 2012 #3
rzemanfl Nov 2012 #4
Mass Nov 2012 #5

Response to liberalmuse (Original post)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 02:24 PM

1. What would be an "unsuspicious break-in?"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to rzemanfl (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 02:26 PM

2. Sometimes I wonder about KOMO writers...

Reply to this post

Response to rzemanfl (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 02:27 PM

3. Way to miss the point

it was suspicious for political sabotage and/or future blackmail, not simple robbery.

Sheesh.

Reply to this post

Response to Warpy (Reply #3)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 02:30 PM

4. Then they should have said "politcally motivated" or "not a burglary." I got the point, the way

it was phrased was stupid.

Reply to this post

Response to liberalmuse (Original post)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 02:51 PM

5. This article is why I generally ignore titles and read the article.

Titles are at best meaningless and often misleading.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread