HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Washington (Group) » Secretary of State contes...

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 08:15 PM

Secretary of State contest very close: Democrat Kathleen Drew trails, but will probably reclaim lead

Solid analysis on the part of NW Progressive Institute, but if any race is going to require a recount, it will be this one.

http://www.nwprogressive.org/weblog/2012/11/secretary-of-state-contest-very-close-democrat-kathleen-drew-trails-but-will-probably-reclaim-lead-by-end-of-the-week.html

Over the last few days, I’ve heard several people predict that Washington’s 2012 gubernatorial race would likely be as tight as the 2004 contest between Chris Gregoire and Dino Rossi, which dragged on for weeks as ballots were counted and recounted. It doesn’t look like that will be the case; Jay Inslee has a lead of 50,209 votes as of this morning, and we think his lead is only going to grow larger.

But there is another statewide race that’s very close.

Democrat Kathleen Drew and Republican Kim Wyman are each vying to succeed Sam Reed as Secretary of State (the state’s chief elections officer) and they each have roughly half of the vote as of this morning. Wyman took the lead midway through the evening last night and hasn’t relinquished it, but she doesn’t have much of an edge: Drew is only 14,243 votes behind her.

We project that within the next couple of days, Drew will catch up with Wyman and then go on to reclaim the lead.

2 replies, 692 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Secretary of State contest very close: Democrat Kathleen Drew trails, but will probably reclaim lead (Original post)
eridani Nov 2012 OP
eridani Nov 2012 #1
freshwest Nov 2012 #2

Response to eridani (Original post)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 01:52 AM

1. Damn! Dre just conceded n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to eridani (Reply #1)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 02:37 PM

2. Yes, see my post on Wyman in your voting thread.

We also lost Richard Sanders to a GOP/Teahadist.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread