HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Anderson’s lawyer complai...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 05:11 PM

Anderson’s lawyer complains about adversarial proceedings

Eric Nichols, Ken Anderson’s lead lawyer in the court of inquiry, has raised numerous objections complaining that attorney pro tem Rusty Hardin has exceeded his job description, which is to present evidence that will help District Judge Louis Sturns reach a decision.

His anger boiled up in a fight over whether a videotaped deposition of former sheriff’s Sgt. Don Wood should be introduced into evidence.

“I do find it ironic that, once again,” Hardin began, halting as Nichols jumped up to object.

“Please let me finish. I find it fairly ironic we are talking about excluding from the light of day relevant testimony in the case of a man wrongly convicted.”

More at http://www.statesman.com/news/news/anderson-followed-court-order-lawyer-says/nWJKw/ .

2 replies, 581 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Anderson’s lawyer complains about adversarial proceedings (Original post)
TexasTowelie Feb 2013 OP
DollarBillHines Feb 2013 #1
TexasTowelie Feb 2013 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 07:37 PM

1. And they continue in their attempts to exclude evidence.

That "monster" comment by the son could have swung the jury.

Thanks for your continued updates on this sordid mess, TexasTowelie.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DollarBillHines (Reply #1)

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 08:01 PM

2. You are welcome.

I saw that the story was updated again after this post. Having lived in Williamson county in my college days which is when the Morton case occurred, I'm not surprised of the corruption involved.

As I mentioned in my previous thread, the punishments that can be administered by the court of inquiry are inconsequential to an attorney that nearing the end of his legal career. The taxpayers are going to be on the hook to correct/mitigate the injustices shown to Morton.

We have all heard that justice is blind. In the Morton case it appears that justice is deaf and dumb also. Stories such as the Morton case make it understandable why the general public regard legal professionals with contempt.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread