HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » SOPA Author Lamar Smith (...

Wed Jan 18, 2012, 11:30 PM

SOPA Author Lamar Smith (R-TX) Breaks Copyright Law on His Own Website

Burnt Orange Report 1/18/12

SOPA Author Lamar Smith (R-TX) Breaks Copyright Law on His Own Website

Texas Congressman Lamar Smith is clearly a man of principle. He authored the Stop Online Piracy Act because he believes that copyright violators must be punished, whether they're individual citizens or websites that have copyrighted content or link to such content.

(snip)
Vice journalist Jamie Taete traced that background image to photographer DJ Schulte. Taete asked Schulte if he had given Smith permission to use the image, and Schulte responded that he had never done so.

Apparently the SOPA author is not a man of principle after all. According to SOPA, legal action must be taken against its own author.

"I do not see anywhere on the screen capture that you have provided that the image was attributed to the source (me)," DJ Schulte said. So my conclusion would be that Lamar Smith's organization did improperly use my image. So according to the SOPA bill, should it pass, maybe I could petition the court to take action against www.texansforlamarsmith.com."

Note: Smith and his staff have quickly changed the background image obviously after hearing/seeing the original report from Jamie Taete. But it just goes to show you how little this idiot knows about how easy it is to get caught in a stupid game like this. All Smith knows is that the big money corporations want this and Smith is willing to deliver.

What a huge asshole he is!

4 replies, 2006 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply SOPA Author Lamar Smith (R-TX) Breaks Copyright Law on His Own Website (Original post)
sonias Jan 2012 OP
hobbit709 Jan 2012 #1
sonias Jan 2012 #2
hobbit709 Jan 2012 #3
ge626dfil Jan 2012 #4

Response to sonias (Original post)

Thu Jan 19, 2012, 08:42 AM

1. Hypocrite and republican are interchangeable terms.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hobbit709 (Reply #1)

Thu Jan 19, 2012, 10:16 AM

2. Especially those grown in the deep south

Texas has it's share of the worst!

Missed you yesterday. It was a lot of fun. If you have some free time before Friday, you should go.

Reply to this post

Response to sonias (Reply #2)

Thu Jan 19, 2012, 10:22 AM

3. I know, had to rescue my brother at the airport.

But I got a great free lunch out of it.

Reply to this post

Response to hobbit709 (Reply #1)

Fri Jan 20, 2012, 06:55 PM

4. +100

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread