HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Air Force instructor sent...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jan 31, 2013, 05:18 PM

Air Force instructor sentenced to hard labor

A day after jurors cleared an Air Force instructor of the most serious charges against him, Staff Sgt. Donald Davis was sentenced Thursday to three months of hard labor and a bad conduct discharge for having sex with a trainee in technical school.

Davis had been charged with sexual misconduct with two trainees a recruit in his unit who accused him of touching her while he took her body measurements in his office and a technical student who said they had consensual sex at a hotel.

Davis, who was also demoted to Airman First Class, had faced a maximum sentence of two years confinement, dishonorable discharge, a reduction in rank to Airman Basic and forfeiture of all pay.

Davis pleaded guilty earlier in the week to having sex with the technical trainee.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/military/article/Air-Force-instructor-sentenced-to-hard-labor-4240508.php#ixzz2JatsRexS

2 replies, 694 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Air Force instructor sentenced to hard labor (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jan 2013 OP
BlueJazz Jan 2013 #1
dballance Jan 2013 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Jan 31, 2013, 05:26 PM

1. I guess the only thing I can say about this is: So Soldiers have murdered innocent people..

..(on purpose) in war situations and the "issue" is laid to waste under the table and THIS guy has consenting sex with someone and has his life ruined.

Well...that seems fair.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Jan 31, 2013, 05:46 PM

2. So What Exactly is "Hard Labor" Now?

What do they do as their hard labor punishment. Anybody know?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread