HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » RIP Byron Sibbet

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 04:45 PM

RIP Byron Sibbet

Byron, during high school, found a love for politics which continued throughout his entire life. Some of his political accomplishments included: city councilman for North Richland Hills, mayor pro tem for 10 years, president of Midcities Democrats, election judge and lastly he ran for state representative.

Read more here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw/obituary.aspx?n=albert-byron-sibbet&pid=162361376&fhid=4250#storylink=cpy

I knew Byron personally and he was a very soft spoken, sweet and kind person. And like the above citation says, Byron was very involved in our Democratic Party.

He will most definitely be missed.

Edit to add: Byron ran against Kay Granger, however, no one can win against "Miss Money Bags Lockheed Martin" Granger.

2 replies, 780 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply RIP Byron Sibbet (Original post)
MagickMuffin Jan 2013 OP
freshwest Jan 2013 #1
AverageJoe90 Jan 2013 #2

Response to MagickMuffin (Original post)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 05:31 PM

1. I have just lost two good friends of that type recently. I miss them terribly.

Their light shone brightly in my life and that of others seeking to protect and foster a more humane and just society.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MagickMuffin (Original post)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 03:53 PM

2. R.I.P. Mr. Sibbet.....=(

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread