HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Program gets $1.4B more t...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jan 3, 2013, 01:15 AM

Program gets $1.4B more to build Ospreys in Texas

The Navy has awarded Amarillo’s Bell Boeing Joint Program Office a $1.4 billion modification to an existing contract to build 22 V-22 Ospreys.

The contact modification includes fiscal year 2013 funding for 17 MV-22s, the Marine Corps Osprey version, and four CV-22s for Air Force Special Operations. More than 10 percent of the work will be performed in Amarillo, where workers at Bell Helicopter also assemble utility and attack helicopters for the military. About 25 percent will be performed in Fort Worth, according to information from the Navy.

The contract modification also provides funding to buy components to build 19 MV-22s and 18 CV-22s in fiscal 2014.

Workers at Amarillo’s Bell plant now are building MV-22 Ospreys for the presidential support squadron.

More at http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/2013-01-01/navy-adds-14b-osprey-contract .

2 replies, 627 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Program gets $1.4B more to build Ospreys in Texas (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jan 2013 OP
daa Jan 2013 #1
onestepforward Jan 2013 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Jan 3, 2013, 09:35 AM

1. Yeah, run up the deficit and then blame social security. Nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Jan 3, 2013, 01:38 PM

2. I had no idea that Bell Helicopter had re-opened

Last edited Thu Jan 3, 2013, 03:15 PM - Edit history (1)

in Amarillo. I wonder if it's still union? It used to be a great place to work. My dad worked at the Amarillo plant from when it first opened until it closed around 1989, then he was transferred to Fort Worth.

(added)
It looks like the Amarillo plant is non-union from what I've found so far

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread