HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Police raid cockfighting ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 03:42 PM

Police raid cockfighting operation in West Oak Cliff (Dallas)

DALLAS Along a gravel driveway in West Oak Cliff, drivers shielded their faces, shy to speak.

Their walk of shame led them to a gated property at 4747 North Counts Boulevard.

<<<snip>>>

The roadway leads to the property where Dallas police raided an illegal cockfighting ring late Saturday night. Twenty people were apprehended, but many others fled on foot.

On Sunday morning, they came back for their cars... and there are a lot of them.

More at http://www.wfaa.com/news/entertainment/pets/Police-raid-cockfighting-operation-in-Southwest-Dallas-184609331.html

Dead horses on the property. $500 to retrieve your vehicle for those attending the event.

Seems fair to me.

1 replies, 976 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Police raid cockfighting operation in West Oak Cliff (Dallas) (Original post)
TexasTowelie Dec 2012 OP
mbperrin Dec 2012 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 04:38 PM

1. Hmmm, all they paid was a fine of puny proportions? They weren't forced to fight to the death

for their cars? Or to get out of jail? I don't know why not. I'd WAYYYYY rather pay to see a bunch of animal killers and blood sports enthusiasts injure and kill each other than get innocent animals involved.

And to the stupid guy who thought that those who were "only" watching should not be punished? Well, that sort of language is inappropriate in this forum. But it involves a short length of 1" gas pipe, a towel, bucket of water, a battery with cables and someone like me to preside.

Blood sports brings out the populist in me rather than the progressive.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread