HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Planned Parenthood sues T...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Dec 11, 2012, 05:35 PM

Planned Parenthood sues Texas; Perry backs fetal pain bill

Planned Parenthood on Tuesday filed federal and state court lawsuits seeking to remain in the Women’s Health Program when Texas takes over on Jan. 1.

The lawsuits are in addition to pending lawsuits seeking to keep Planned Parenthood in the program, which provides health and contraceptive care to low-income women, until the federal government withdraws funding on Jan. 1.

Gov. Rick Perry has said that state law requires the health program to be shut down if the state is forced to include Planned Parenthood, the nation’s leading provider of abortions.

Meantime, Perry held a Houston press conference Tuesday to urge legislators to pass the “Preborn Pain Bill” — legislation that would ban abortion starting in the 20th week of pregnancy — arguing that medical evidence indicates that is when a fetus can feel pain.

More at http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/politics/entries/2012/12/11/planned_parenthood_sues_again.html/

4 replies, 975 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Planned Parenthood sues Texas; Perry backs fetal pain bill (Original post)
TexasTowelie Dec 2012 OP
mbperrin Dec 2012 #1
TexasTowelie Dec 2012 #2
hobbit709 Dec 2012 #3
Melissa G Dec 2012 #4

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Wed Dec 12, 2012, 02:04 AM

1. What about the pain Perry causes ME by being the governor

of my beloved Texas? What do I get for relief?

If ever there were a more uncaring, stupid, and unimaginative grasper of money in Austin, I do not know who it was.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mbperrin (Reply #1)

Wed Dec 12, 2012, 05:56 AM

2. Touché.

Give 'em hell, mb!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hobbit709 (Reply #3)

Wed Dec 12, 2012, 10:27 AM

4. Thanks for posting!

Reply to this post