HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Perry appoints chief of s...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Nov 26, 2012, 03:49 PM

Perry appoints chief of staff Jeffrey Boyd to Texas Supreme Court

From x-post in LBN:

Source: Dallas Morning News

AUSTIN — Gov. Rick Perry has appointed his chief of staff to the Texas Supreme Court.

Jeffrey Boyd will join the state’s highest civil court Dec. 3 and finish a term that expires at the end of 2014.

The general counsel helps the governor review death-penalty cases.

Perry has overseen 253 executions and commuted one sentence — granting life in prison to a death row inmate who drove the getaway car during a robbery and murder.

Read more: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/state-politics/20121126-perry-appoints-chief-of-staff-jeffrey-boyd-to-texas-supreme-court.ece

Great! More cronyism from Perry.

1 replies, 744 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Perry appoints chief of staff Jeffrey Boyd to Texas Supreme Court (Original post)
Texas Lawyer Nov 2012 OP
sonias Nov 2012 #1

Response to Texas Lawyer (Original post)

Mon Nov 26, 2012, 04:49 PM

1. You know what this reminds me of?

Does anybody remember Geoffrey O'Connor? He was Rick Perry's appointment to Secretary of State awhile back. Resigned under dubious circumstances - rumors of having been a Rick Perry lover. Yes that Geoffrey.

All Your Rick Perry Gay Sex Rumors Collected in One Handy Book
"I suggest you ask Rick Perry."
The longest-standing rumor about Perry—and the one that has received the most public attention—is that his wife Anita caught him sleeping with his Secretary of State Geoff Connor and threatened a divorce. Maxey says that he and the reporter drove to Connor's house to confront him, and here's what Connor said: "I'm no longer a public official and I don't care to comment on that. I suggest you ask Rick Perry."

Don't know why this strikes me like this - it's just a gut feeling and I don't know anything about this guy at all.

The cronyism part - that is a pre-requisite for any position Perry appoints someone to.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread