HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Texas to end health progr...

Fri Oct 19, 2012, 08:42 AM

Texas to end health program if Planned Parenthood participates

A Texas health program that serves more than 100,000 low-income women will shut down if Planned Parenthood is allowed to continue participating, the state's health and human services chief said on Thursday.

Planned Parenthood has asked a federal appeals court to reconsider a lower court ruling that allows Texas to ban it from the program.

"If they prevail in that case, and the courts say, ‘You have to include Planned Parenthood,' then, yes, (the program) goes away," Texas Health and Human Services Executive Commissioner Dr. Kyle Janek said.

The Texas program is at the heart of a dispute between the Republican-dominated state government and the Democratic administration of President Barack Obama. Several other states have tried to cut off funding for Planned Parenthood.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/19/us-usa-health-texas-idUSBRE89I00020121019?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

2 replies, 552 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Texas to end health program if Planned Parenthood participates (Original post)
douglas9 Oct 2012 OP
Melissa G Oct 2012 #1
onestepforward Oct 2012 #2

Response to douglas9 (Original post)

Fri Oct 19, 2012, 10:33 PM

1. Just argh!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to douglas9 (Original post)

Fri Oct 19, 2012, 11:09 PM

2. Punishment of the poor continues,

all to spite a President who isn't a Republican.

I'm so sick of all of this.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread