HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Lost kitten in Bryan, Tex...

Wed Sep 26, 2012, 04:12 PM

Lost kitten in Bryan, Texas - please help find Goba

My friend in Fort Worth just called me hysterically crying. Her son attends Texas A&M Medical School, and this morning his 6-month-old chocolate point Siamese kitten named Goba darted outside and ran toward the woods near his apartment. The son chased Goba, to no avail. he is swamped with school, but went to his apartment office this morning and left a picture of Goba. I am trying to help in any way I can and am calling animal shelters in Bryan. Goba is microchipped, but not wearing a tag.

Can anyone suggest other things we can do? My friend is frantic. She's a physician in Fort Worth and is beside herself. Thanks.

4 replies, 882 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Lost kitten in Bryan, Texas - please help find Goba (Original post)
Catlover827 Sep 2012 OP
montanacowboy Sep 2012 #1
Sunlei Sep 2012 #2
HopelesslyLiberal Sep 2012 #3
meti57b Sep 2012 #4

Response to Catlover827 (Original post)

Wed Sep 26, 2012, 04:17 PM

1. Put it on Craigslist right away

hope they find her

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Sep 26, 2012, 04:27 PM

2. kitten probably didn't go far, tonight and in the early am stand outside and call the kitty

place a reward notice on the closest apartments and ask any outside kids to search for a reward. Kitten will be hungry and looking for a human with food. Listen for the loud siamese voice, good luck!

Reply to this post

Response to Sunlei (Reply #2)

Thu Sep 27, 2012, 09:54 AM

3. every night, with food

I recently lost a cat I loved. She showed up after a month. She was skinny and panicked - I suspect she had been on a journey.

Your friend needs to try calling with food sounds she recognizes every morning and evening. Odds are that she is close, she just needs to home in on the familiar.

Your friend needs to think creatively about what "food sounds" are - the rustling of a bag, sound of cat food pouring into a bowl, cans clattering together, etc.

After she returns, make she he follows a strict ritual for feeding time to instill pavlovian reactions. Every night I call in seven cats and they come running to my voice because I've created a predictable feeding time ritual.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 28, 2012, 09:46 PM

4. Is there any news on the kitten?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread