HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Congratulations to Marc V...

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 12:34 PM

Congratulations to Marc Veasey of Tarrant County: He won the newest district 33

Fort Worth's Veasey wins runoff for U.S. House seat

State Rep. Marc Veasey claimed a hard-fought victory Tuesday night as the Democratic Party's nominee for the newly drawn 33rd Congressional District, putting him in position to become the first black member of Congress ever elected in Tarrant County.

In another high-profile area race, Weatherford car dealer Roger Williams clinched the Republican Party's nomination for the reconfigured 25th Congressional District.

"For me, this election has never been about a contest between Dallas and Fort Worth or between one racial group and another. From the beginning I believed that this district, rather than serving to divide us, would bring us together," Veasey said. "I am honored you have placed your trust in me and I promise I will not let you down.

"Whether you live in Fort Worth, Dallas, Stop Six or Oak Cliff - I will not let you down," he said. "Whether you voted for me or for my opponent -- I will not let you down. As we are seeing tonight, the Republican Party in Texas has become so extreme that it doesn't come close to representing mainstream Texans."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/07/31/4142762/veasey-takes-early-lead-in-race.html#storylink=cpy

And Good Luck this November!

2 replies, 891 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Congratulations to Marc Veasey of Tarrant County: He won the newest district 33 (Original post)
MagickMuffin Aug 2012 OP
freshwest Aug 2012 #1
sonias Aug 2012 #2

Response to MagickMuffin (Original post)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 12:41 PM

1. Good news. May he win in November to turn back the madness.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MagickMuffin (Original post)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 03:12 PM

2. Yes congratulations to Mark Veasey

He should be a newly minted Congressman come November.

Kudos to him!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread