HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » T. Boone Pickens engaged ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Dec 3, 2013, 02:35 PM

T. Boone Pickens engaged to marry Toni Brinker

In matters of business, T. Boone Pickens is often ahead of his time. In romance, he is an old-school kind of guy—a marrying man. Over the Thanksgiving holiday, Pickens and his girlfriend, Toni Brinker, gathered the bulk of their extended families at Boone’s Mesa Vista Ranch. On Saturday, they announced their engagement.

The couple plan to wed sometime early in 2014.

Toni is the widow of Dallas restaurant entrepreneur Norman Brinker, founder of Steak & Ale who had been, at various times, head of Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chili’s, Bennagin’s, as well as the venerable Brink’s coffee shop in Lakewood.

Last year, Boone was divorced from Madeleine Pickens following a seven-year marriage.

More at http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com/2013/12/peppard-t-boone-pickens-engaged-to-marry-toni-brinker.html/ .

I guess that what they say about people "settling" when they choose a spouse later in life is true. After all, T. Boone Pickens is only a millionaire instead of being a billionaire.

2 replies, 1368 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply T. Boone Pickens engaged to marry Toni Brinker (Original post)
TexasTowelie Dec 2013 OP
monmouth3 Dec 2013 #1
yesphan Dec 2013 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue Dec 3, 2013, 03:15 PM

1. I thought Nancy Brinker was married to Norman, not her sister. We'll see...n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue Dec 3, 2013, 04:05 PM

2. The rich and powerful

marrying the rich and powerful. Got to keep it in the family. I guess we'll be seeing her in the owners box at the OSU football games. At least till the next Mrs. T. Boone comes along.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread