HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Williamson County sheriff...

Mon Jul 1, 2013, 05:59 PM

Williamson County sheriff’s official charged with DWI

Williamson County sheriff’s office spokesman Lt. John Foster was arrested Saturday night on a charge of driving while intoxicated.

Foster, 45, was stopped on Interstate 35 on Saturday and charged with a misdemeanor DWI. He was released from jail Sunday.

Authorities received a call regarding a “reckless driver” in the Cedar Park area who was running red lights, swerving into oncoming traffic and driving at excessive speeds, according to an arrest warrant.

A Department of Public Safety trooper stopped Foster at 11:30 p.m. on I-35, north of Exit 269, according to the arrest warrant.

More at http://www.statesman.com/news/news/breaking-news/williamson-county-sheriffs-official-arrested-for-d/nYZ55/ .

Foster has 16 years of experience with the department serving as a patrol officer and currently holds the position of public information officer.

I hope that he received the same courtesy from the Williamson County DPS as they give to everyone else pulled over for similar charges.

2 replies, 618 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Williamson County sheriff’s official charged with DWI (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jul 2013 OP
NoPasaran Jul 2013 #1
Gothmog Jul 2013 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Jul 1, 2013, 06:03 PM

1. The Wilco sheriff's office had no comment

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Jul 4, 2013, 05:31 PM

2. If they treat him better than they treated Rosemary Lehmberg, then expect some fireworks

The GOP is claiming that one DWI is sufficient to force Rosemary Lehmberg out of office as the Travis County DA and the head of the Public Integrity Unit. If this guy gets better treatment, you can expect some fireworks.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread