HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » South Carolina (Group) » Stephen Colbert coming to...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 12:27 PM

Stephen Colbert coming to Charleston to stump for his candidate sister

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/1596b55f94e64200a18f10b2245444eb/SC--Colbert-Stumps

Stephen Colbert coming to Charleston to stump for his candidate sister
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
February 09, 2013 - 10:34 am EST

CHARLESTON, South Carolina Comedian Stephen Colbert is coming to Charleston to stump for his sister.

The Charleston Post and Courier reports (http://bit.ly/V4Pg1O ) that the Comedy Central host will appear at a fundraiser for Elizabeth Colbert Busch, who is running in March 19 Democratic primary for South Carolina's 1st Congressional District.

The private event will be held Feb. 23 at The Alley on Columbus Street. There will be a general reception and bowling from 4-6 p.m., as well as a book signing and private reception. Donations to Colbert Busch's campaign are required for entry.

On "The Colbert Report" Wednesday, Colbert joked about the race, awarding several of the Republicans running goofy nicknames. He made no mention of her Democratic primary opponents, Charleston businessman Martin Skelly and perennial candidate Ben Frasier.

1 replies, 560 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Stephen Colbert coming to Charleston to stump for his candidate sister (Original post)
unhappycamper Feb 2013 OP
mucifer Feb 2013 #1

Response to unhappycamper (Original post)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 12:35 PM

1. I hope she is a decent candidate with liberal values.

I went to her website and didn't find too much information on the issues.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread