HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Pennsylvania (Group) » Everybody wants to run ag...

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 03:46 PM

Everybody wants to run against Corbett (with some satirical commentary)

Last edited Mon Dec 10, 2012, 04:45 PM - Edit history (2)

Phila. Daily News columnist talks about the many candidates who are trying to position themselves to run against Corbett.
Here's some satirical commentary from PA. State Senator Daylin Leach about all of the politicians in NY City this week trying to create a buzz around their own candidancy for Governor.

"It was fascinating. Without mentioning names (for fear of being proven wrong or beaten up), I think I can safely say that the names I was hearing ranged from interesting and credible to insane and delusional. You wouldn’t call some of these people Governor if their name was “Governor“. Then I had an epiphany. If ANYONE could say they wanted to be governor, why can’t I start some good rumors about myself?

I then immediately started tweeting rumors I had “heard” about me, knowing that nobody would suspect I was making them up myself in a desperate attempt to compensate for the lack of attention I received as a child. These rumors included:

= I’m running for Governor, but not of Pennsylvania.

= I’m running for the Bundestag.

= Pat Toomey has asked me to be his Vice-Senator.

= Governor Corbett calls me his ‘little minx’”."

1 replies, 873 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Everybody wants to run against Corbett (with some satirical commentary) (Original post)
JPZenger Dec 2012 OP
Curmudgeoness Dec 2012 #1

Response to JPZenger (Original post)

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 09:07 PM

1. I also saw the list of potential candidates

and I was really surprised at some of them. But it is early, and I do believe that many of them are just putting out feelers to see if there is any possibility. At least I hope that is what is going on.....I would hate to see a primary with so many Democrats running against each other.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread