HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Pennsylvania (Group) » PA. Absentee Ballots Must...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Oct 31, 2012, 11:16 AM

PA. Absentee Ballots Must be RECEIVED by Fri or Mon. Depending on the Co. (or Tues. for Pres. Only)

Last edited Fri Nov 2, 2012, 10:02 AM - Edit history (2)

Anyone who has a PA absentee ballot must make sure it is received by their county election office this Friday. Update: The deadline has been extended to 5 pm. Monday for some counties that were most affected by the storms. If the county doesn't receive it until Tuesday election day, the ballot will still count for President, but not other offices.

Here's the official site with the rules:

http://www.votespa.com/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=1174088&parentname=ObjMgr&parentid=7&mode=2
---
To complicate matters, if you ask someone else to drop off your absentee ballot, the county can only accept it if this form is filled out:

http://www.dos.state.pa.us/imageserver/dos/Certification%20of%20Authorized%20Representative%20Form.pdf
-----
There also is a process for an emergency absentee ballot, such as for a person who is unexpectedly hospitalized. The link includes the form and the rules.

-----
PA has a whole series of outdated voting rules, with no effort by our illustrious legislature to update them to make it easier to vote. 36 other states have some form of early voting. PA has none, except for people who effectively are invalids, in the military or must be out of the county on election day.

2 replies, 772 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply PA. Absentee Ballots Must be RECEIVED by Fri or Mon. Depending on the Co. (or Tues. for Pres. Only) (Original post)
JPZenger Oct 2012 OP
kooljerk666 Oct 2012 #1
JPZenger Nov 2012 #2

Response to JPZenger (Original post)

Wed Oct 31, 2012, 03:36 PM

1. I just voted absentee in Chester County........

I went in, filled out a small form, returned it & showed ID.

5 minutes later I was given a ballot, after taking time to fill out all DEMs, not straight ballot due to easy flipability. I returned the ballot & was out of there, total time 15 minutes.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to JPZenger (Original post)

Fri Nov 2, 2012, 07:46 AM

2. Deadline extended to Monday 5 pm - but only in certain counties

The deadline for receipt of absentee ballots was extended from Friday to Monday 5 pm, but only for certain counties. Apparently it is limited to counties where the voters office was closed during the storm. I don't have a list.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread