HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Pennsylvania (Group) » Absentee ballot deadline ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Oct 30, 2012, 01:05 PM

Absentee ballot deadline extended

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/20121030_The_storm_affects_the_vote__absentee-ballot_deadline_extended_in_Pennsylvania.html

But still, yer cuttin it close, get on it.

5 replies, 865 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Absentee ballot deadline extended (Original post)
Pat Riot Oct 2012 OP
kooljerk666 Oct 2012 #1
JPZenger Oct 2012 #2
kooljerk666 Oct 2012 #3
badhair77 Oct 2012 #4
JPZenger Nov 2012 #5

Response to Pat Riot (Original post)

Wed Oct 31, 2012, 08:35 AM

1. I just saw this i Philly Inquirer...................

I have a dr. appt today & I am gonna get a note saying something like standing in long lines may cause an outbreak of insanity & violence.

I had a real nice TBI last year & was Glasgow coma scale 3. Diagnosed as brain dead & 2 days later talking & 1 more day b4 I was walking to the bathroom & getting nurses angry.

At any rate 3 outa 4 people in our house are DEM only & the only GOP guy is not invited to come with us.

My county, chester should be open 2 days but I am gonna make it over there by 1 PM & VOTE TODAY as will 2 other members of the family & there is not 1 GOPer vote between the 3 of us.

The worst part election so far is starting up again in PA http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/30/romney-to-put-ads-on-pennsylvania-tv/comment-page-1/

Some good news, Casey is kickin Smiths ass & Smith spent over $20,000,000 so far, Kane the DEM att. Gen is looking good & I had been calling folks for Manan Trivedi up till the storm & now I do not feel good about bothering folk on the phone, it is easier in person, so I do all I can to steer every conversation to the rape-heads in the GOP & make sure every woman knows Jim Gerlach supports Ryan, Aikin & that idiot in Indiana, RAPE IS GODS BLESSING.

This realy seems to piss a lot of women off................

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to kooljerk666 (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 31, 2012, 11:08 AM

2. Deadline was only extended to apply, not to be received - deadline is still this friday

Reply to this post

Response to JPZenger (Reply #2)

Wed Oct 31, 2012, 04:02 PM

3. I went in today applied & filled out ballot..........

and left it there.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1074&pid=2666

It was real easy & took 15 minutes.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 31, 2012, 05:49 PM

4. Because of the storm I now have to travel next week.

I did mine today - filled out the application and the clerk handed me my ballot. Mission accomplished. They were very helpful on the phone and in the office. I think they wanted to avoid any problems. I was not taking any chances with not voting in this election.

I type this as an American Crossroads ad is playing in the background. Lies. Lies. Lies.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 2, 2012, 07:47 AM

5. Update - deadline for receipt extended in certain counties, until Monday 5 pm.

The deadline for receipt of absentee ballots was extended from Friday to Monday 5 pm, but only for certain counties. Apparently it is limited to counties where the voters office was closed during the storm. I don't have a list.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread