HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Pennsylvania (Group) » This message was self-del...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Oct 26, 2012, 07:03 PM

This message was self-deleted by its author

This message was self-deleted by its author (JPZenger) on Tue Apr 15, 2014, 09:44 AM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

12 replies, 2402 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to JPZenger (Original post)

Fri Oct 26, 2012, 07:06 PM

1. People need to get a declaration from him that he WILL leave the polls open.

Someone needs to get it on the record.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Oct 26, 2012, 07:14 PM

2. Last I have seen with this storm

it is supposed to touch down in the Philly/NJ area. I don't know what early voting these states have, but NY doesn't have early voting at all, only ON election day.

Response to HockeyMom (Reply #2)

Fri Oct 26, 2012, 07:32 PM

3. No early voting at all in PA.

Response to HockeyMom (Reply #2)

Fri Oct 26, 2012, 07:43 PM

4. Pennsylvania does not have early voting either. I live in a rural area and am a poll worker.

I would have to be there at 6AM even if it snows.

Response to appleannie1 (Reply #4)

Sat Oct 27, 2012, 09:14 AM

5. Absentee Ballot in PA

Voting by Absentee Ballot

If you are unable to attend your polling place in person on Election Day, you may be eligible to vote by absentee ballot. To vote by absentee ballot, a voter must apply to the County Board of Elections for an absentee ballot. The County Board of Elections will send a paper absentee ballot to the voter. The voter then completes the ballot and returns it to the County Board of Elections.

In Pennsylvania, the County Board of Elections must receive your application for absentee ballot no later than 5 p.m. on the Tuesday before the election. In emergency situations (such as an unexpected illness or disability) you can submit an Emergency Application for Absentee Ballot, which must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on the Friday before Election Day. Completed non-emergency absentee ballots must be received by 5 p.m. on the Friday before Election Day.

In presidential election years, absentee ballots received by the close of the polls on election day will be counted for the offices of president and vice president.

Make sure you’re registered before you apply to vote by absentee ballot.

From: http://www.votespa.com/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=1174088&parentname=ObjMgr&parentid=7&mode=2

OK as i read this anyone in PA who want an absentee ballot needs one by this Tuesday OCT 30. I tried this a while ago & was told to jump thru hoops plz. So now "Our family is leaving town till all storm damage is repaired" & we need ballots. Me my niece & mother will be going for absentee ballots on Monday & hope we get them b4 the next tuesday & return them in person.

This is the only way I see in PA to be sure u do not get screwed around by COREBUTT, He may decide the roads are to dangerous to allow a bunch of Obama suporters to risk life & limb in cars trying to vote. At any rate we will see what happens when I try on Monday.

The link also has a link in it to verify u r registered though i u r not it is to late in PA to do a damn thing about it.

As i read this again u need to get the ballot on monday or tuesday MAYBE FRIDAY but there will not be time to wait for the mail. We need to go on monday & insist we want our ballots TODAY fill them out in the office Then turn them in, but in chester county GOPs are running the show & they r LIARS beyond belief, so i AM NOT SURE wtf TO DO!!

Response to kooljerk666 (Reply #5)

Mon Oct 29, 2012, 03:09 PM

6. Actually

Tomorrow is the last day to APPLY for an absentee ballot. Then you have to wait for it to be mailed to you from your county board. Best bet, IMO, is to go to your nearest Obama campaign HQ and see if they have any lying around.

Response to Pat Riot (Reply #6)

Mon Oct 29, 2012, 08:31 PM

7. Guv Corebutt just told all state employees to stay home on tue.

And my county, chester had no one at work today & i expect none tomorrow.

Red rural areas of PA are gonna be a lot worse off than Philly & 5 the county burbs....................

Thu Nov 1, 2012, 01:58 PM

8. Where's Tommy?

So our Governor makes a presentation on TV before the storm to tell everyone to buy batteries, and then disappears. Meanwhile, all the other Governors are on the front lines.

There are still hundreds of thousands of Pennsylvanians without electricity and it is getting cold at night. Every hotel room in eastern PA is booked up (at inflated prices) with people trying to stay warm.

Some PA. municipal water systems don't have power. They are having to borrow temporary generators to operate.

A children's hospital near Allentown still doesn't have power - they are running on a generator.

People from New Jersey are coming over to PA. to buy gas, because the few operating gas stations literally have half mile long lines.

Response to JPZenger (Reply #8)

Thu Nov 1, 2012, 06:13 PM

9. Our illustrious Governor is conspicuous by his absence.

As usual. He's such a waste of time and tax dollars.

Response to JPZenger (Reply #8)

Thu Nov 1, 2012, 07:17 PM

10. NJ has National Guard getting ready with portable voting sites for places without electricity

Last edited Fri Nov 2, 2012, 02:45 AM - Edit history (1)

NJ has their National Guard getting ready to have portable voting sites available for parts of the state without electricity.

Meanwhile in PA, they say they "hope" that the electricity will be restored to hundreds of thousands of people in the next few days. PA. officials also said, don't worry, the voting machines can operate with a battery for 6 hours. (Polls are open 13 hours).

Oh, by the way, most of the locations without electricity in PA are very Democratic areas.

Response to JPZenger (Reply #10)

Thu Nov 1, 2012, 07:39 PM

11. Yep.

Why isn't Corbett doing the same? I think it is exactly what you said...most of the locations without electricity are very Democratic areas.

Fri Nov 2, 2012, 06:34 PM

12. Alert! There was not an actual sighting, but Tom Terrific is making robo-calls for the RNC!

So, apparently he is aware that there is an election soon.