Wed Oct 10, 2012, 10:32 AM
Panasonic (2,921 posts)
Opening in Harrisburg, PA (Network Engineer) 9 month contract
A opening just came my way - just don't live in the same state, so passing this info along...
Position Title: Network Engineer (Face To Face)
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA 17120
Duration: 9 Months
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
IBM Lotus Domino Server Support Required 2 Years
IBM WebSphere Server Support Required 3 Years
MS IIS Server Support Required 4 Years
Either DB2, Oracle or SQL Server Support Required 3 Years
APC/UPS Support Required 1 Year
Active Directory Admin and Support Nice to have
Tivoli Workload scheduler Nice to have
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in computer science or related field or equivalent as well as a minimum of 3 years experience or Associates degree in computer science or related field and 4 years experience.
2. Certifications: MCSE Highly Desired.
3. Specific knowledge required in the following areas: IBM Lotus Domino Server, IBM WebSphere, DB2 or Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS IIS, Active Directory, APC/UPS Support.
4. In-depth knowledge of PC operations, printer operations, file server operations, print server operations, and network operations.
5. Strong knowledge of Windows and Windows products, personal computer software set up and installation, PC connectivity products and PC hardware connectivity.
6. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
7. Demonstrated ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames and under tight deadlines and a willingness to work off hours as the need arises in support of changes to the LANs and WANs.
8. Effective verbal communication skills are required to work with all levels of the organization including management, vendors, and personnel.
Effective writing skills are required in order to document work performed.
9. Superior interpersonal and customer service skills required including ability to work effectively in a team environment.
High level of proficiency in effective problem solving required.
Working Conditions Weekend, shift work, holiday, on-call, and overtime may be required.
Work may require lifting equipment/supplies
Work may require travel to and from the various Client locations.
Under general supervision of the Network Manager, performs network technical design and engineering functions evaluates identified network needs and prepares recommended technical solutions. Troubleshoots and resolves complex network problems.
1. Plans/Designs overall architecture of LAN/WAN networks including, but not limited to:
Provides detailed specifications and schematic engineering drawings for network enhancements and modifications.
Develops documentation for configuration of all network components including setup, installation, and overall deployment of all network hardware and software.
Determines server sizing and configuration, printer configuration, bandwidth analysis and capacity planning.
C. Assists in the development of configuration standards.
Reviews documents where network wiring and cabling may be involved to assure that all aspects of network requirements are completely covered and that specifications meet all appropriate industry networking technical standards.
E. Evaluates, plans, and implements new network technology, including planning, deployment, and management of new network resources/technology.
F. Develops new procedures and forms to improve efficiency.
2. Oversees installation of, and/or independently installs or relocates network equipment, such as routers, hubs, switches, or other network technology enhancements.
A. Installs/de-installs devices on the network in Harrisburg and remote office sites.
B. Installs/configures servers and server software/drivers.
C. Installs and configures network printers.
D. Monitors the availability of updates/upgrades to all server hardware, tests and installs updates/upgrades.
E. Supports mainframe links including ODBC, MQ Series, and others.
3. Performs Network Management functions using various management and monitoring tools available including sophisticated network management systems.
A. Assists in analyzing and recommending software for monitoring and management of networks.
B. Monitors network performance and provides network statistics to identify capacity or performance problems and makes technical recommendations for appropriate action.
4. Provides direct support for network issues.
A. Proactively identifies and resolves problems.
B. Responds to network/server related trouble calls including hardware and software.
C. Develops procedures and scripts for Help Desk.
D. Employs software such as Remedy to report calls and call clearance.
E. Places service calls for servers and network equipment.
F. Assists service providers in resolving service calls.
5. Works directly with staff in coordination and deployment of projects.
A. Work with partners and employees including IT coordinators in deployment activities.
B. Attend meetings with developers, users, and partners.
6. Proactively plans for business continuity and disaster avoidance.
A. Installs, configures, and tests UPS and shutdown software.
B. Creates/updates disaster recovery plans.
C. Participates in disaster recovery drills.
7. Provides support for PC workstations.
A. Develops, tests, recommends, and documents the standards for PC configuration/setup.
B. Creates images and unattended install disks for PCs.
8. Provide all required information to assure a complete and accurate equipment inventory.
A. Unpack/pack computer equipment.
B. Receive, check in, and inventory equipment. Report all inventory transfers.
C. Report equipment model, serial numbers and warranty information to BIS equipment inventory coordinator.
9. Perform related duties as required.
Thanks and Regards
Samiti Technology Inc. | 120 Wood Ave South # 509
Iselin, New Jersey 08830| USA
Work : 732 -516 -0066 x 312 | FAX : 732-391-6683
Visit : www.samititechnology.com
0 replies, 462 views