HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Pennsylvania (Group) » PA House Republicans walk...

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 03:58 PM

PA House Republicans walk out to prevent Corbett- Sandusky investigation

In July, Keystone Progress asked PA Attorney General Linda Kelly, Senate President Pro tem Joseph Scarnati and Speaker of the House Samuel Smith to begin a formal investigation into Corbett's role in the Sandusky scandal. Tens of thousands of you sent them emails and made phone calls supporting KP in that call.

Yesterday, we got their answer. When Democrats in the House tried to bring a Corbett investigation vote to the floor, the Republicans called a halt to all House business and "fled the floor."

Here's how Rep. Jesse White put it:

"We just tried to force a vote on HR 520, which urges the US Attorney to investigate Attorney General Corbett's handling of the Sandusky case. The Republican majority immediately stopped proceedings, and nearly all Republican members have fled floor even though we're still in session. This is shocking and outrageous- what depths won't they go to in order to learn the truth?"

This is indeed "shocking and outrageous." Even worse, the House GOP is now threatening to not do any more business this year so they won't have to vote on the Corbett investigation.

http://www.keystoneprogress.org/blog/2012/10/house-republicans-walk-out-to-prevent-corbett-sandusky-investigation.html

21 replies, 3663 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 21 replies Author Time Post
Reply PA House Republicans walk out to prevent Corbett- Sandusky investigation (Original post)
PA Democrat Oct 2012 OP
Mnemosyne Oct 2012 #1
montanacowboy Oct 2012 #2
MadrasT Oct 2012 #18
Pakid Oct 2012 #3
Panasonic Oct 2012 #4
SDjack Oct 2012 #5
left-of-center2012 Oct 2012 #12
MadrasT Oct 2012 #19
NYtoBush-Drop Dead Oct 2012 #6
arcane1 Oct 2012 #7
Bohunk68 Oct 2012 #8
Mc Mike Oct 2012 #15
blue neen Oct 2012 #9
PA Democrat Oct 2012 #10
badhair77 Oct 2012 #11
blue neen Oct 2012 #13
badhair77 Oct 2012 #14
kooljerk666 Oct 2012 #17
kooljerk666 Oct 2012 #16
MadrasT Oct 2012 #20
blue neen Oct 2012 #21

Response to PA Democrat (Original post)

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 04:09 PM

1. This will happen when, ah,

NEVER!

That criminal Corbutt will never allow himself to be investigated.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 04:09 PM

2. The voters of PA have seriously got to clean out

their State house.

How have they let the infestation of cockroaches run their state? How the hell does this happen? If Obama is so far ahead in PA, does that not affect any down ticket voting? Are any of these miserable assholes up for reelection?

Reply to this post

Response to montanacowboy (Reply #2)

Fri Oct 5, 2012, 10:24 AM

18. Democrats stayed home on voting day 2010.

And we got this asshat governor and a bunch of Repukes in the house as a result.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 04:10 PM

3. I guess that means the the GOP in PA is now aiding and abetting child abuse

And that is just plain wrong. Scarnati is my senator and you had better believe that I will tell him just exactly what I think of him and the GOP!!!!!

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 04:11 PM

4. Very well. Indictments from the Feds will proceed

And the PA House Republicans will suffer a massive loss this November, ensuring a majority that the Democrats will enjoy for a very long time.

Hell, all national Republicans will suffer a massive loss this November.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 04:16 PM

5. Maybe a lot of PA goper members joined Sandusky in his crimes

against boys.

Reply to this post

Response to SDjack (Reply #5)

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 09:50 PM

12. Someone once said ...

...the best disinfectant is sunlight.

And someone else once said, if you've gotten nothing to hide,
you've got nothing to be afraid of.

Th bloc an investigation further into this terrible scandal of child molestation is despicable.

Reply to this post

Response to SDjack (Reply #5)

Fri Oct 5, 2012, 10:25 AM

19. Not inconceivable.

There is talk that Sandusky/Second Mile was part of a child prostitution ring that extended much farther than State College.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 04:18 PM

6. The Governor is next...

so I hear from a former member of Congress who is a republican...

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 04:26 PM

7. Sounds like they have something they want kept hidden n/t

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 05:50 PM

8. It should be clear to all

that Republics consider child molestation a Family Value.

Reply to this post

Response to Bohunk68 (Reply #8)

Fri Oct 5, 2012, 04:48 AM

15. +1, Bo. Nt.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 08:27 PM

9. Oh, what a tangled web Governor Corbett has woven.

What's interesting is that the House GOP is threatening to not do any more business this year. Since the Republicans hold a distinct majority in Pennsylvania's house, they have passed almost every piece of stinking ALEC legislation that Corbett has handed them.

Does this then mean that the Repubs won't be passing anymore of Governor Gashole's giveaways to corporations? Will the Republicans stop trying to mandate trans-vaginal probes? Does this mean that tens of thousands of working Pennsylvanians can get Adult Basic Insurance again? Will the Republicans finally stop cutting services to the Pennsylvanians who are disabled or poor while refusing to tax multi-international oil and gas companies?

At what point do the Republicans stop ruining Pennsylvania's public education systems with their draconian cuts? When will they stop giving taxpayer money to for-profit charter schools who are committing fraud (and being investigated by the FBI)?

It's almost a blessing that the House GOP is threatening to not do anything else this year. It's just a shame that so many children had to suffer the horrible abuse that brought about that turn of events.

Reply to this post

Response to blue neen (Reply #9)

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 08:56 PM

10. Great points. This could be the biggest blessing in disguise.

It would be like a temporary cease fire in the Republicans' war against the poor, the disabled. the elderly, women and students.

Reply to this post

Response to blue neen (Reply #9)

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 09:11 PM

11. You're forgetting all the time they spent passing important resolutions,

like making 2012 the Year of the Bible in PA. Maybe they've been busy reading the Old Testament.

Reply to this post

Response to badhair77 (Reply #11)

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 10:51 PM

13. Ah yes. Election year pandering at its utmost.

You know, just in case that whole voter I.D. travesty they wasted our good taxpayer money on wasn't enough.

Reply to this post

Response to blue neen (Reply #13)

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 11:57 PM

14. Just think of the millions of dollars spent to "educate" voters about that ID law.

Our local food band ran out of money for heating assistance. Thousands of educators were furloughed. That money could have been used to actually help people and not fill the pockets of Corbett cronies. Unbelievable.

Reply to this post

Response to badhair77 (Reply #11)

Fri Oct 5, 2012, 06:59 AM

17. Hey the "MIllstone around the neck" sound about right for these guys..........

a brutally beautiful way to coordinate with the year of the bible.....

http://www.newtestamentchurch.org/OPA/Articles/1986/09/a%20millstone.htm

"Whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believed in me, it were better for him that millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." Matthew 18:6

In this passage the Lord indicated that it would be better for one to suffer a terrible form of capital punishment than to be guilty of this sin. The form of capital punishment that he referred to was practiced, according to Barnes, by the Greeks, Syrians, and Romans. The sin he referred to was causing a young Christian to sin. This is a serious sin, and it cannot be taken lightly in the Church. Certainly the Lord is not prescribing the death penalty as punishment for this sin, but rather is showing how wicked this sin really is.

THE METHOD OF EXECUTION

The method of execution was as follows................

http://www.newtestamentchurch.org/OPA/Articles/1986/09/a%20millstone.htm

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 5, 2012, 06:36 AM

16. Attention needs to be brought to this...........

Statewide & nation wide. Consider the GOP reps at state level, they passed every ALEC bill given them.

They bragged about voter ID bring PA to RMoney's camp.

They do not care how many children were raped as long as gas companies destroy our water & get off tax free.

Even in red areas in Pennsyltucky, how can many teaparty/cons approve of this type of behavior??

I am gonna call PA state dem party, national dem party & white house to beg for Obama to come to PA & shame these pedophile enablers into action.

It is a perfect op to campaign for himself, for Sen Bob Casey, for many dems running for house seats & to clean out the Kochroaches running our state.

I live in PA-6th cong district & "Our Rep" is Jim Gerlach, he is a sniveling POS who voted for all Ryans bad shit, he is opposed by Manan Trivedi, a veteran & MD. Manan Has earned move-on's endorsement & needs all the help we can muster.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/25/1102878/-Orange-to-Blue-Daily-Kos-endorses-Manan-Trivedi-in-Pennsylvania-s-6th-Congressional-District

http://www.ldnews.com/latestnews/ci_21536073/6th-congressional-district-candidate-manantrivedi-earns-moveon-org

http://www.trivediforcongress.com/

At any rate, I am also calling The Bill Press Show & Stephanie Miller Show & if i have to stay on hold & watch every commericial for the next 6 hours I am gonna get this info about cowardly act out to as many people as possible.

I do not have twitter or facebook or any social stuff but I urge all who do to post the crap out of this & make it impossible for GOpredators to waltz off footloose & fancy free.

I will also call GOP reps at state level & start crying for legislation to terminate insurance & pay for all reps on vacation. PA has more reps per capita than almost any state & they only work very part time, god they suck.

(italics appeared on my screen & i cant turn it off, sorry)

Reply to this post

Response to kooljerk666 (Reply #16)

Fri Oct 5, 2012, 10:26 AM

20. Yep. I live in PA-6 too.

Hi neighbor.

And fuck that POS Gerlach.

Reply to this post

Mon Oct 8, 2012, 04:36 PM

21. What are Pa House Republicans so afraid of? Hmm.....

"In March 2009, when the original Sandusky complaint landed on Corbett's desk, the Office of Attorney General was reeling from the public revelation of a "smoking gun" email implicating House Democratic Leader Bill DeWeese in awarding taxpayer-funded bonuses for campaign work."

"Any examination of Corbett's actions at that point in history would inevitably lead to the reason why DeWeese had not been charged in the "Bonusgate" scandal - a shady "negotiation" between Corbett and DeWeese that resulted in DeWeese turning over thousands of documents and e-mails and abandoning a legal crusade to quash subpoenas and exclude evidence in the case. DeWeese previously had vowed to fight "all the way to the Supreme Court" and the legal wrangling could've taken a year or more."

"In 2007, Corbett made a political decision to spare DeWeese in the "Bonusgate" investigation so he could make a splashy indictment in time for the 2008 elections. In 2009, Corbett made a political decision to pursue DeWeese - instead of Sandusky - so he could make a splashy indictment in time for the 2010 election."

"As a result of those political decisions, a child rapist remained on the street for years. Whether Corbett ever has to face the consequences of his craven self-dealing depends in part upon the willingness of House Republicans to continue to act as human shields."

Read more at:

http://casablancapa.blogspot.com/

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread