HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Pennsylvania (Group) » Lottery privatization: As...

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 09:16 AM

Lottery privatization: As Pennsylvania continues to gray, money will be needed for seniors

http://www.pennlive.com/editorials/index.ssf/2012/04/lottery_privatization_as_penns.html

I work for an agency that is very dependant on Lottery money. This has been an issue for us for a long time. I personally am not sure if this is a good thing or bad. There just isn't enough information out there except that from what I've heard in some conference calls I've been in, Illinois appears to be the model they are using.

2 replies, 859 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Lottery privatization: As Pennsylvania continues to gray, money will be needed for seniors (Original post)
PRETZEL Apr 2012 OP
JPZenger Apr 2012 #1
PRETZEL Apr 2012 #2

Response to PRETZEL (Original post)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 09:52 AM

1. Lottery has a $100 million unspent surplus

The big fear was the legalized slots and table games would decrease lottery sales, but that has not happened.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to JPZenger (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 10:10 AM

2. that's true

also, the aging network hasn't seen funding levels rising in proportion to the growth in population that the network serves. But that hasn't been limited just to Corbet.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread