HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Oregon (Group) » Call your legislature rep...

Sun Dec 16, 2012, 03:53 PM

Call your legislature reps and tell them to call out this Republican for wanting guns in schools! :0

There will be a move in our state legislature to use this week's events to try and push to stop the ban on guns in schools and to allow teachers to "carry" them there. This needs to be stopped in its tracks, and Richardson needs to be isolated for the loony he is for even advocating such a stupid move...

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2012/12/oregon_lawmaker_says_teachers.html

http://www.oregonherald.com/oregon/local.cfm?id=2767&Business-News=Oregon-representative-Dennis-Richardson-says-teachers-should-be-allowed-guns.htm

2 replies, 832 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Call your legislature reps and tell them to call out this Republican for wanting guns in schools! :0 (Original post)
cascadiance Dec 2012 OP
riverbendviewgal Dec 2012 #1
davidpdx Dec 2012 #2

Response to cascadiance (Original post)

Sun Dec 16, 2012, 04:03 PM

1. The PEOPLE have to stop this

by calling out their elected legislature reps....Not Obama...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to cascadiance (Original post)

Sun Dec 16, 2012, 07:29 PM

2. We should not be deputizing our teachers

I can see the political cartoon right off the top of my head:

A Teacher in front of the class with cowboy boots and spurs and a gun in a side holster maybe a chair next to his desk (I'm channeling Eastwood here). The caption reads "Go ahead, make my day". The kids are all shivering like they are scared to death.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread