Tue Jun 26, 2012, 11:45 AM
Trajan (16,304 posts)
Wanna be an extra on Portlandia ?
Straight from the webpage: I appreciate the wry humor ....
SEASON 3 IS A GO!
Thanks for your interest in being an extra in IFC’s “Portlandia” - I hope you like exclamation points!!
Portlandia is the Independent Film Channel’s comedy series that lovingly illustrates the people and values of Portland, Oregon. We’ve got Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein as our leads and we’ve had lots of great guest stars like Kyle MacLachlan, Jeff Goldblum, Jason Sudeikis, Gus Van Sant, and even some musicians.
We’ll be shooting in Portland’s streets, cafes, hiking trails, backyard sustainable organic farms and basement rock venues. Something you might not have noticed about these places is that they’re full of people – in the show, these people are going to be you.
And we’re going to pay you $70 a day to be you in these places! You’ll be rich!
Annoying and not-annoying facts about extra-ing:
1. Extra-ing takes all day long and mostly what you do is wait, sit and wait some more. Bring a book, or if you can’t read, a shiny object to stare at. You might bring an electronic object, but keep in mind that electricity will be limited and the extras wrangler (who will, honestly, wrangle you like you’ve never been wrangled before) will not have time to adjudicate arguments about “hogging the AC” between extras.
2. It happens during the day, during the night, on weekdays and weekends – often during times when you might otherwise be working or in school. As always, being unemployed is the ideal state in Portland.
3. You’ll need to become an actual employee of the show, so if you are on the run from the law, accept only cash or have any other reason you couldn’t bring the documents needed to fill out the IRS’s I-9 and W-4 forms, you can’t be an extra. I blame either the 1%, the IRS, or the Gnomes of Zurich, depending on which political group I’m surrounded by at the time.
4. We’re looking to show Portland as it really looks, so we want only the following kinds of people to submit: everyone and their grandma!!!
5. We might contact you on very short notice, like, the night before, hours before, or any time. If you’ve already made plans for that time, we’ll be sad, but totally, totally understand in a not at all guilt-trippy or passive aggressive way.
I guess I lied about the exclamation marks. I hardly used them at all!
If you’re interested in being an extra, click the following link and fill out the form and upload a photo! Don’t worry if the photo isn’t a professional headshot, or if you have a zit in it, or if you have a wooden eye in it – we love you just the way you are.
3 replies, 1233 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Wanna be an extra on Portlandia ? (Original post)
|Blue Owl||Jun 2012||#1|
Response to Trajan (Original post)
Sun Jul 1, 2012, 05:14 PM
cascadiance (14,798 posts)
3. DAMMIT! Dish Network just dropped IFC along with other AMC channels this weekend!
So no Portlandia for us that have stood by Dish Network for years when they were the only one giving us FSTV, etc.
Perhaps time for a letter writing campaign to Dish to tell them that we'd rather have Portlandia, Mad Men, and other shows on these channels that they are taking away from us.