HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » North Carolina (Group) » Best part of my day- taki...

Fri Oct 19, 2012, 12:08 AM

Best part of my day- taking my daughter to the state fair and running into DUer nclib!

After a day of walking (I measured with my smartphone pedometer - we walked 5 miles!), the smells, noises, people (the weirdness of deep fried food never meant to be deep fried - and we avoided it all!), rides - the endless Romney stickers (and a small smattering of Obama stickers - predictable)....lo and behold, there she was, with her husband and son and his friend - just as we were heading for the exit!

Hope you had a great time at the Fair, nclib! About those plans for election night....gotta close the deal on that!

2 replies, 902 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Best part of my day- taking my daughter to the state fair and running into DUer nclib! (Original post)
NRaleighLiberal Oct 2012 OP
NBachers Oct 2012 #1
nclib Oct 2012 #2

Response to NRaleighLiberal (Original post)

Fri Oct 19, 2012, 12:15 AM

1. I gotta special bottle chillin' out in the fridge

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NRaleighLiberal (Original post)

Fri Oct 19, 2012, 12:33 AM

2. What a pleasure it was running into you and your daughter.

I have to tell you, I didn't see any Romney stickers. I saw a couple of Pat stickers and some Vote Republican stickers, but no Romney. I did see three people carrying Romney yard signs (they looked silly). I also saw lots of Obama/Biden stickers. I'd say it was about 50/50 Obama to "vote r" with maybe the edge to Obama. We did our part by too with our Obama stickers and Proud to be a Democrat.

I thought about what you had said and maybe it depends on where you are at the fair and what time of day it is re: who's wearing what sticker. Maybe you were just hanging out with all the r's (ha ha).

It seems like there were more Obama stickers this year than in 2008.

We did have a great time at the fair and didn't get home until after 10. I'm exhausted! You have a beautiful daughter and I wish there had been more time to visit.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread