HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » North Carolina (Group) » Diana Lightfoot appointme...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 01:41 PM

Diana Lightfoot appointment

" Lightfoot showed up unannounced at the Baptist Children's Home in Thomasville last week and introduced herself as the new division director, stopping by for a site visit. Staff at the facility wouldn't let her in because they were unable to verify her appointment.

http://www.wral.com/mccrory-administration-mum-on-lightfoot/12085091/

2 replies, 801 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Diana Lightfoot appointment (Original post)
laureloak Feb 2013 OP
nc4bo Feb 2013 #1
octoberlib Feb 2013 #2

Response to laureloak (Original post)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 04:31 PM

1. Welcome to the *new* *improved* N. Carolina (should be on all official state signs on the highways).

With the ** listing the names of the entire Republican clown car legislature and their idiot teabagging activities responsible for ruining a progressing state.

OMFnGawd when you read the entire story!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to laureloak (Original post)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 05:34 PM

2. How pathetic

The director Lightfoot was to replace, Deb Cassidy, had been at DCDEE since 2009. She holds a Ph.D. in child development and has been on the faculty at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro since 1990.

Cassidy was fired in January, with five hours' notice to submit a report, pack her office and leave. She says Wos never met with her, canceling four scheduled meetings. She was dismissed by a letter delivered by human resources.

As a political appointee, she says, "I knew that this could happen, but I didn't think it would be done in such a disrespectful way."

I'm assuming Deb Cassidy is a Democrat since she has a PHD and believes in child development.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread