HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » North Carolina (Group) » Gov. Elect Pat McCrory be...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 08:53 PM

Gov. Elect Pat McCrory begins fleecing the taxpayers 2 months before he's even sworn in.

Security detail, car and driver. Cites he's frugal and cheap as the dickens..........

So it begins.........

http://www.wral.com/mccrory-gets-early-security-detail--state-car/11750911/

This is going to be a long 4 years.

10 replies, 2001 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Gov. Elect Pat McCrory begins fleecing the taxpayers 2 months before he's even sworn in. (Original post)
nc4bo Nov 2012 OP
hollysmom Nov 2012 #1
nc4bo Nov 2012 #3
nc4bo Nov 2012 #2
NRaleighLiberal Nov 2012 #6
KatyBR Nov 2012 #10
John2 Nov 2012 #4
DAMANgoldberg Nov 2012 #5
ModerateConservative Nov 2012 #7
CJCRANE Nov 2012 #8
nc4bo Nov 2012 #9

Response to nc4bo (Original post)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 08:56 PM

1. And my sister keeps telling me to move to NC

leave my home and parks for a bunch of nut cases - she has Virginia Foxx in her district. Sigh. no way jose

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hollysmom (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 09:22 PM

3. It's beautiful here - we moved here from NJ 16 years ago but looks like we're going to have fight

back. Hard.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 08:59 PM

2. McCrory's Transition Team includes Art Pope as co-chair. OMG.

They are licking their chops!

http://www.salisburypost.com/News/110812-WEB-McCrory-unveils-transition-team-in-Raleigh-visit#.UJwyynztI90.gmail

RALEIGH (AP) — North Carolina Gov.-elect Pat McCrory has filled his transition team with former elected officials and Charlotte allies to help ramp-up his administration before he takes the oath of office in January.

McCrory unveiled transition staff members Thursday at a news conference in a Raleigh state government building. Former Charlotte City Council member John Lassiter is the senior chairman of transition operations, while Thomas Stith is the transition director. Stith works at a private enterprise center at UNC-Chapel Hill.

The former Charlotte mayor also defended the involvement of Raleigh businessman Art Pope, who will be one of three transition co-chairmen. Pope is a retail company executive who's been a lightning rod for Democrats because his family companies or foundation has given large amounts of money to conservative groups and political committees.

Reply to this post

Response to nc4bo (Reply #2)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 09:06 AM

6. good gawd...ART POPE...saw that on the news last night

So much for working together. Match, meet gasoline. These republicans are so, so dumb - I suspect many of McC's moves will do nothing more than invigorate the left to fight tooth and nail everything they try to do....enjoy your short stay, Pat (or, better, don't!)

Reply to this post

Response to nc4bo (Reply #2)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 01:34 PM

10. Art Pope AND Thomas Stith who used to work for AP's John Locke Foundation

..from 2007 article on his mayoral run...

Yet, the following evening, Stith showed his less cordial, more calculated side. He hired the firm TelOpinion—which has conducted research for several Republican candidates and conservative thinktanks, including the John Locke Foundation and the Civitas Institute, Stith's former employer—to push-poll Durham voters.

source is here: http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/who-is-thomas-stith/Content?oid=1204259

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 10:02 PM

4. I Look

for North Carolina to have problems in McCrory's four year term when he starts trying to implement his rightwing policies. Especially on the local levels in large cities.

Reply to this post

Response to John2 (Reply #4)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 04:25 AM

5. He was held in check here...

When he was mayor here, he RAISED taxes here 4 times, built an unpopular at the time arena downtown (more like Ram down our throats) and had to deal with Democrats, who had council power.

At the state level. he has all the power to go rightwing with total Repub. control. As long as he gets the outerbelt finished yesterday and does not forget the city he once governed, I will be fine with it.

Reply to this post

Response to ModerateConservative (Reply #7)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 10:04 AM

8. Do you have a link for that?

Reply to this post

Response to CJCRANE (Reply #8)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 10:34 AM

9. :popcorn: Of course it matters not that Pat Mccrory, liza(R)d, is all about fiscal conservatism.

And is first in line with his hand out begging for his cut of government welfare paid for by taxpayers.

Like all other teabaggers and snakeoil salesman RepubliCONS, we suck on the teat, yall pay for the milk.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread