HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Missouri (Group) » State Budget Bills Filed ...

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 03:32 AM

State Budget Bills Filed In Mo. House; Medicaid Expansion Left Out

The 13 bills that make up the state budget have been filed in the Missouri House, and they donít include Governor Jay Nixonís (D) proposed Medicaid expansion.

That part of the Governorís budget proposal would have drawn down $908 million in federal funds for Fiscal Year 2014, which begins July 1st. House Budget Chair Rick Stream (R, Kirkwood) says as a result, the Governorís projected $46 million in savings is also being removed from the budget.

ďWeíve spread it out over different areas," Stream told reporters today. "I canít make any promises of where it will eventually end up, (but) thereís some money in the preschool program.Ē

Stream says heís sticking with the Governorís proposed budget for Missouriís K-12 schools, while he wants to spend $14 million less on Higher Education. The House version of next yearís budget also makes room for the Governorís tax amnesty proposal. Missouri lawmakers have until May 10th, one week before the 2013 session ends, to pass the state budget.

http://www.news.stlpublicradio.org/post/state-budget-bills-filed-mo-house-medicaid-expansion-left-out

2 replies, 673 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply State Budget Bills Filed In Mo. House; Medicaid Expansion Left Out (Original post)
Sherman A1 Feb 2013 OP
LineNew Reply .
blkmusclmachine Feb 2013 #1
proud2BlibKansan Feb 2013 #2

Response to Sherman A1 (Original post)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 06:48 AM

1. .

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Sherman A1 (Original post)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 08:19 AM

2. Craziest list of bills I've ever seen